Forum: Highland / Highland - Guys

Highland - Guys
Prince Charlie jacket help
By tinemarie Comments: 20, member since Tue Sep 25, 2012
On Wed Jan 07, 2015 09:14 AM

My 17 year old needs a Prince Charlie Jacket and vest. I do NOT sew! Any advice on how to find one? Is it best to have one made? I feel a little lost on this one!

Christine

6 Replies to Prince Charlie jacket help

re: Prince Charlie jacket help
By Bril Comments: 152, member since Thu Mar 07, 2013
On Wed Jan 07, 2015 03:32 PM
If you have one made it will fit properly and last pretty much forever. The only downside is if your son isn't done growing-especially in the shoulders.
I would expect any of the normal kilt wear makers to be able to help you.
By HighlndSoccerMom Comments: 278, member since Sat Dec 06, 2008
On Sat Jan 10, 2015 07:19 AM
Do you live anywhere near a place that rents out Scottish attire? They have to turn over their inventory every so often and will sell the "old" jackets. I purchased a used jacket and vest for $95, which as I'm sure you know is a fraction of what it would cost new, from William Glen & Son in Toronto.
By Dancinlassie Comments: 249, member since Sun Jul 29, 2007
On Sat Jan 10, 2015 01:02 PM
Ebay is where we end up getting our jackets. There are a couple companies (one in Scotland, one in Pakistan) that will customize the jacket.
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Sun Jan 11, 2015 02:48 AM
I bought a Pakistani Jacket on ebay. It is thin with a weird, crooked collar. You are better off either buying a former rental or a new jacket. We went to Scotland and ended up buying a new jacket from here
www.macgregorandmacduff.co.uk
They also have used jackets but didn't have the right size when we were there. The new one is very nice and fits my son and my husband so it can do double duty!
By Dancinlassie Comments: 249, member since Sun Jul 29, 2007
On Sun Jan 11, 2015 01:57 PM
Maybe we had different vendors in Pakistan? Ours looked and felt the same as the one from Scotland. A lot of Scottish products are made in Pakistan too.

We have also bought the used rental jackets and they were fine too.

:)
By tinemarie Comments: 20, member since Tue Sep 25, 2012
On Thu Feb 19, 2015 09:43 PM
I found a used one for a decent price. Thanks everyone!

ReplySendWatch