Forum: Adults / 20 Something

20 Something
We bought a house! (karma: 3)
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Mon Jan 12, 2015 05:06 AM

So, late last year my husband and I put an offer on a house.. Today it settled and we got given the keys! It's a very cute little house, 3 bedrooms with a spacious backyard. It's also on a very quiet street and best of all - I can walk to the major shopping centre in 5 minutes! We start moving all the furniture in tomorrow and we plan to spend the next few months cleaning it up, doing some painting and such.

This is my last year as a 20-something (I turn 30 in November) so this whole being a grown up thing has hit hard in the last few days haha.

Yay! New house!

6 Replies to We bought a house!

re: We bought a house!
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Jan 12, 2015 07:11 AM
Congratulations, new houses are so exciting!
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Mon Jan 12, 2015 02:14 PM
Congratulations.

Irish tradition dictates a loaf of bread and a box of salt....

however....

If you are going to be busy moving, I think you might appreciate a food truck parked outside ... so much more practical, and it can follow you from your "old" place to your new one.

Image hotlink - 'http://roaminghunger.com/img/trucks/original/4e9db676-6c88-4237-97e8-2c7146204482.jpg'

Best wishes
xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:04 PM
I'm so flippin excited for you guys!!! Enjoy your new home together!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Wed Jan 14, 2015 02:47 PM
I was about the same age when we bought our first house. Exciting. One of the first things I bought was some sort of homeowners' guide to fixing and maintaining stuff around the house. At the time I did most of that myself despite not having a big background in that sort of thing (aside from electricity....my father was an electrician and I learned essentials from him.) Even if you don't do much of the work yourself, it is useful to have an elementary working knowledge of how things work if only for keeping tradesmen honest. They are less likely to pull the wool over your eyes if you indicate some familiarity with what they are supposed to do.

Jon
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 AM
CONGRATS!!! How weird to see all the members here grow up...graduate from college or getting a master's degree, having kids, buying houses. I'm starting to feel old y'all!!
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Tue Jan 20, 2015 04:25 AM
Thanks so much :) it's been a busy few weeks of laying new floors, painting walks etc and we are still unpacking but it's finally starting to look like a home :) We are also currently fostering a dog too, so things are extra crazy here!

ReplySendWatch