Forum: Adults / 20 Something

20 Something
Infertility. Irregular periods
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Fri Jan 23, 2015 01:19 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-01-23 13:25:52

Posted this a whole back.
www.dance.net . . .

So, it has been 44 days and no sign of my period. I've already taken a pregnancy test. I have had 2 colds this past month and I was on antibiotics last month.

Can antibiotics+colds delay periods....or do I need to seriously be looking more into possible fertility issues? I went to a gyno and they couldn't find anything wrong with me without doing more tests, that aren't covered by insurance.

I don't want kids right now, but should I be spending money on looking at possible fertility issues given my family history? I don't have a bunch if money to be running in tests, and I think it might be a " waste" since I am not trying to have kids right now. I've run the regular blood work tests,of course, but they told me that running more hormonal tests costs extra? I am not sure what this exactly means though....they can't test hormones on the original blood tests?

I do have a significant lack of Vitamin D, but started to take pills to replace that.

What do you guys think?

The period cycle before this was 42 days, and the previous one was 32 days. This time 44 days...with no signs of it starting.

Just it make sure I am counting this right,,,,do you start the count on the first day your period starts or the last day? I have been counting my days from when my period first started.

6 Replies to Infertility. Irregular periods

re: Infertility. Irregular periods
By saaammiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 440, member since Thu Apr 01, 2010
On Fri Jan 23, 2015 02:06 PM
See if it is PCOS.
The most common cause of infertility and one of the main symptoms is irregular periods.

People tend to believe you must be fat to have PCOS but it's not at all the case.

I also have to ask, since I remember you exercise a lot: how is your eating? Are you eating enough?
On Fri Jan 23, 2015 02:14 PM
I do also have horrible period cramps, so maybe it is PCOS.

My BMI is currently 21.8, so I do eat pretty healthy.
By saaammiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 440, member since Thu Apr 01, 2010
On Fri Jan 23, 2015 03:32 PM
BMI is crap for saying anything about a person's health.

anyway, it was a possibility that had to be mentioned. :)

Talk to your gyno about the periods though!
On Fri Jan 23, 2015 04:08 PM
^ I just mentioned my BMI, so you would see that I am not underweight. I know periods usually stop for extremely underweight people.
I eat super healthy, although with the cold and flu...I haven't eaten as much as I would normally do.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Tue Jan 27, 2015 04:53 PM
I second PCOS. I have it and some months I can go without a period, other months I get it two weeks apart. I'd get a check up with your gyno, and ask their opinion. They'd be the best to tell if needed extra tests, but my guess a simple blood test would be able to check hormone levels etc and give you some indication.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 PM
Are you on birth control?

ReplySendWatch