Forum: Irish / Irish

Wig Advice Needed!
By cmcy
On Wed Jan 28, 2015 01:50 PM

Looking for a wig for my 10 year old. She's the size of a 6-7 year old with a small face. Because she has a bob haircut, we need a full wig. We can't get it in a bun wig.

We like a loose curl, light-weight wig. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 Replies to Wig Advice Needed!

re: Wig Advice Needed!
By ForReel
On Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 PM
I would start with asking her teacher what she prefers. Many schools have a certain wig or look for their dancers and you wouldn't want to buy anything you wouldn't be able to wear. If you do invest in a full wig, they are expensive but the life can be stretched with maintenance. Buy Wig conditioner and be sure to condition it after each feis. You may want to wait to buy the wig at the feis vendor. You will be able to see the right color so much better there than on a computer screen.
re: Wig Advice Needed!
By eatsleepjigmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:59 PM
I definitely second everything ForReel said. If you do have the liberty of choosing a wig, however, here are a few I recommend.

Emerald Key's Maeve Junior www.emeraldkeyonline.com . . .
- This is the wig my school uses (babies = minor, small kids = junior, big kids = senior). and it's absolutely gorgeous. I would recommend the junior size based on how you described your dancer. You can even order a color ring prior to buying to ensure the right color if you can't make it to a feis they're vending at. (And they're really light-weight!)

Celtic Curl's Maggie www.celticcurls.com . . .
-Celtic Curl is awesome (!!) to work with. They're phasing out the small version of this wig, so this one is longer but they (or you or another parent) can easily trim it to be the right size for your dancer. Again, you can rent a color ring from this vendor to match her hair before buying a wig! If you like the look of the Maggie, I would email Karen and see if she could trim the wig a bit before shipping it out to you.

4 Irish Dancers' Daisy www.4irishdancers.net . . .
-This wig is specifically for smaller dancers (like the Maeve Minor and Junior). My cousin is a tiny 9 year old and wears this wig and it looks perfect on her. I don't know if they offer a color ring, but I would contact them to find the perfect color.

Hope that helps you!

ReplySendWatch