Forum: Irish / Irish

Top Tanners
By sbartlett13
On Sun Feb 08, 2015 07:13 PM

Alright everybody!

What tanners do you use and what are the darkest fastest ones that you've found so far?

Self tanners only please!

2 Replies to Top Tanners

re: Top Tanners
By mrs_milly
On Sun Feb 08, 2015 09:34 PM
I use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. It isn't technically a tanner (which is actually why I like it and use it on my girls) It is essentially a leg makeup so you have the color instantly and can wash it all off after. I put it on about an hour before they compete and it dries in just a few minutes. It comes in a spray and a lotion bottle but you put it on the same way so I actually prefer the lotion bottle if you can find it. Just squirt or spray some into your hand and rub it in. The darkest color in the spray is Deep Glow (it seems to have a bit of shimmer to it) but the darkest in the lotion is just called Deep and doesn't have the shimmer. It washes off with soap and water and I have never had a problem getting it out of their socks either just throw it in the wash and they come out white as ever. I have converted several dancers and Moms on it. It can also be used to even out a self tan that didn't come out even. It is plenty dark for my girls and the color is great (not orangy at all). If you are in the US I know you can get it at Walmart and Target for around $10. You can also order it online. Hope this helps.
re: Top Tanners
By REDPremium member
On Mon Feb 09, 2015 01:05 PM
I know several people that use the same as @mrs_milly and their tan does look really nice...not orange at all, but a natural brown; almost a matte finish (from the lotion) so if you don't want something that has a shine; smooth and not sticky. They also start a day or so before so they put several coats on to make it even darker. BUT it seems that because it is makeup and not a tan that it comes up a lot easier than tanners do, which can be a good and a bad thing. Good because they can get it off fast after a competition. Bad because they have issues with it coming off on clothes, sheets, underskirt of their dress, socks, etc.

I use St Moriz ($13) Instant Self-Tanning Mousse in Deep. It was recently recommended to me and I wish I had found it years before. It's instant so when putting it on you can see exactly what you're doing from the start unlike most tanners where you have to wait for the color to show up and you end up with streaks....but since it is tanner it has the staying power like most tanners. It's a very natural brown color and also is not shimmery so it looks natural. I did two coats and was as dark as I was after a spray tan from a vendor at Oireachtas (I'm really pale and the vendor did about 5 coats on me at O's). So far I haven't had any problems with it coming off on my clothes, dress or socks. It normally takes about two showers for it to come off. It also comes in lotion and spray. I bought spray the first time and since it is instant, the bath tub (where I was spraying my legs) had tanned too lol so the spray can be a little messy, which is why I recommend the mousse. I know you can buy it at Ulta and Sephora, I haven't looked other places.

Good luck!

ReplySendWatch