Forum: General / Computers - General

Computers - General
Internet Samsung Smart TV
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 AM

Well, I am too dumb to run my Smart TV. A friend of ours gave it to us, but had no manual with it, so I'm winging it. I got most of it to work except we wanted to watch our son play his college baseball game. I had the link to the live feed, but the game wouldn't play. It said something like..."you need to update your browser to a more current version of Chrome, or Firefox, or the portal will not play correctly."

I can't find where to update the browser. If I tried to plug my phone or iPad into the tv I couldn't get a digital mirroring situation going on. I set my phone to pair with the tv and could get video, music, and pictures to play, but not what my phone actually had playing on it via the internet.

I heard it might help to get Chromecast? Will that solve my problems?

1 Replies to Internet Samsung Smart TV

re: Internet Samsung Smart TV
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:17 AM
What model is it?

I haven't worked with a Samsung TV in a few years, but my guess is that you can't mirror your phone by plugging it in. You probably CAN play videos/music from your phone (or any usb device) - but for mirroring, you'll need a separate device (eg chromecast).

Chromecasts are pretty cheap, but the best solution would be to update your TV so you don't need it. If that doesn't work, then Chromecast would be an option. So find your model number, and let's figure out how to update the TV.

Oh, and just for fun, here y'go...
www.cnet.com . . .

ReplySendWatch