Forum: Irish / Irish

Will glued Crystals stay on T-shirts and Jackets that go in the washing machine?
By shamrockdancemum
On Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 PM
Edited by shamrockdancemum (254707) on 2015-02-11 12:58:58

I've been asked by our TC to look into doing up some new team shirts and jackets for our school. She would like some "sparkly".

Has anyone tried gluing (probably with E6000 glue) crystals on items that will need to be able to go into a washing machine, like t-shirts or team jackets?

I'm worried that we if add crystals to these items, the crystals will fall off when parents go to wash them.

I'd love to know if anyone has done this, and what their experiences were.

Or suggestions for other ways to make t-shirts and jackets "sparkle".

Thanks!

5 Replies to Will glued Crystals stay on T-shirts and Jackets that go in the washing machine?

re: Will glued Crystals stay on T-shirts and Jackets that go in the washing machine?
By rosalinde
On Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 AM
Yes, they will stay on fine. I use Hotfix to apply stones to our school shirts, and occasionally E6000 or GemTac. While you may lose the odd stone, on the whole they can stand multiple washes just fine. Just make sure you let the garment sit for a few days before washing so that the glue is truly hardened.
re: Will glued Crystals stay on T-shirts and Jackets that go in the washing machine?
By byudawn
On Thu Feb 12, 2015 07:55 AM
I have E6000nd crystals onto poodle socks and they wash fine on gentle cycle.. Just air dry the item, obviously!
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 12, 2015 05:54 PM
As an extra precaution, I'd advise parents to turn the garment inside out and wash in a lingerie bag to reduce bumping the stone around, and then if any do fall off, they're in the little bag and not lost forever :D
By OhioMom
On Sat Feb 14, 2015 07:42 PM
My dd has a T shirt onto which we glued stones with E6000, and I've washed it dozens of times in the washing machine and tumble dried it with no special precautions. No issues.
By shamrockdancemum
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 09:42 AM
Thank you all who replied. This is exactly what I wanted to hear!

We're going to try it out. I can't wait to start decorating items with crystals!

ReplySendWatch