Forum: Advice / Strengthening

Strengthening
Hard dance!
By boiled_cabbage Comments: 1, member since Sat Feb 14, 2015
On Sat Feb 14, 2015 08:48 PM

hi im doing hungarian rhapsody no.2 and we have a minute left of the dance and i begin to die during the grande jetes. we do 10 of the grande jetes but i do 7 because i have okayish grande jetes but anyways the grande jetes are in one giant circle and its kind of hard keeping up with the dance after doing 7 grande jetes, 4 fast emboites (is that how you spell it??), then tendu, fourth, double pirouette, then run off stage. after doing this one big line like a cha cha line, 6 girls go offstage(im one of them) then theres a rolloff and during that we have to do 4 pique turns then saute first arabesque off stage and the pique turns are really fast so i want to know ways to keep up with the dance! help please!

2 Replies to Hard dance!

re: Hard dance!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:16 PM
You don't mention the particular difficulty you're having with keeping up, so it's hard to give specific advice, but...

If the issue is being able to do the choreography that fast, you gotta just do it. Over and over, until you know it so cold that you could do it in your sleep.

If the issue is that you lose your breath, then...way to go, cardio! You need more cardio exercise, you'll see an improvement, almost instantly!
re: Hard dance!
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 08:14 AM
I agree with T about the cardio, dancers tend to neglect that area of their training and if you're getting out of breath to the point where you can't dance properly you need to do some cardio work. Other than that you need to give us a bit of a clue about what's going wrong.

ReplySendWatch