Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

CPYB Level Placement?
By hannahlieberman
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:35 PM

I am going to CPYB this summer! I'm SO excited about the "ballet boot camp" everyone's been telling me about! However, I have a concern...I heard that the B levels do not do pointework either at all or everyday! Pointe is an area that I really need to work on! I took a long time off because of an injury, and have been back for a while now. I'm a late starter, I started ballet at 11, but I've worked EXTREMELY hard and I'm now one level behind for my age. My technique isn't the best. I'm a new member so I can't put pictures up yet, but on my profile are some photos of me dancing. One of them, the attitude in a red leotard, is actually one of my CPYB application photos!

Do you think I'll be in a pointework level? I'm worried!

3 Replies to CPYB Level Placement?

re: CPYB Level Placement?
By S_H_A_O_
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 04:39 PM
It's hard to say just by photos, but I could definitely see you getting into a C level. The B levels do pointe work still but just not as much. I think my friend had it like twice a week, but C levels I think get pointe everyday. I'm sure you'll get placed in a level that's right for you. :)
By MeaMSBMD
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 05:10 PM
Well, every level is different each year, but when I was in a lower b level I had pointe twice a week and when I was in a higher b level I had pointe every day. My roommate, who was in a low c level, had pointe three times a week. It changes every year, and it depends on which teacher you have. I think you'll be good though. Don't worry about level placement, wherever you are you will improve.
By behindbarres
On Mon Feb 16, 2015 05:01 PM
Hey! I'm going to CPYB too! I heard level placement is a maze that only those who made it can figure out. I wouldn't worry too much because I've heard that CPYB is one of the best at level placement. I hope I see you there! How old are you?

ReplySendWatch