Forum: Adults / 20 Something

20 Something
I'm moving across the country! OMG
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 07:14 PM

Those of you who are Facebook friends with me already know this but I thought I should make an announcement here, seeing how

1. I'll be passing my TEN YEAR DDN anniversary in a few months
2. I literally met my best friend here (shout out to YYD)

After 2.5 years of being long-distance (east coast/west coast) with the boyfriend, I am moving to New York.

I found out this week that I have been accepted at Columbia for the combined BS/MS program in nursing, which starts at the end of May. I'm hoping to eventually get my DNP and become a nurse practitioner.

I grew up in SoCal so this is HUGE for me.

18 Replies to I'm moving across the country! OMG

re: I'm moving across the country! OMG
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 09:22 PM
I am going to miss you so much! No more getting into the car to just drive you, I gotta get on a plane! I swear to god that I am going to cry when you come to say goodbye to me!

Suoer super super proud of you xoxoxo!
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:06 PM
OMG that's so exciting! Not the missing YYD, but a new city, a new course of study, that's such good news and such an adventure, good for you and all the best in this new chapter of your life :)

Do you realize you and I joined DDN at around the same time?
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:26 PM
^I just saw that! Wow, that's crazy.

I joined when I was 16.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Mon Feb 16, 2015 08:23 AM
I hit my ten-year last summer and I don't think I'll ever stop coming here just so I can keep up with everyone's lives. :)

I'm super excited for you, what a wonderful adventure! You have an amazing future ahead. :) And also super happy for you that you'll be close to your sweetie.

L~
<3
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Feb 16, 2015 05:37 PM
OMG, I met you when you were just a wee little thing! xoxoxo How exciting for you...Columbia!!! WOW WOW WOW!! You are going to be amazing!!
On Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 AM
We met on DDN and we would have hour long chats with our friend Defyinggravity. We would talk on a Aim for like hours!

The crazy thing is, we grew up, knowing each other as teens going through high school...majored in something other then nursing as a university student. Now DG is a nurse, which she pursued after college. Now Iliah is starting her nursing at Colombia, and I am finishing my prereq courses for nursing.

I can't help think that we molded each other's minds growing up or had aliens remove our brains and program them unto the same path. ( I'm watching too many Scifi shows)

I can't believe DDN chat brought us together, and we found best friends on this website.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Tue Feb 17, 2015 06:53 AM
How exciting. I am only about 100 miles from NY. If YYD comes to visit, please let me know and I'll drive in to see you girls!

I hope you love NY.... I do!
xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
By Rinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2059, member since Wed Apr 21, 2004
On Tue Feb 17, 2015 07:20 AM
Yay Haili!
Super excited for you.

Is it weird that we are all grown ups?
re: I'm moving across the country! OMG (karma: 1)
By Mendelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1920, member since Wed Feb 23, 2005
On Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:49 PM
Welcome to the east coast! We're friendly here, despite the reputation :)
re: I'm moving across the country! OMG (karma: 2)
On Sun Apr 12, 2015 01:41 AM
Update:

I booked my ONE WAY FLIGHT for 5/14 next month.

I paid the first month rent/deposit for my new place.

This is really happening!
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Wed Apr 22, 2015 05:51 PM
Welcome to the East Coast! Give me a holler if you're ever in Philly.
On Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:52 PM
There is going to be so many tears tomorrow. Iliah came to visit me this past week for the last time before she moves to the East Coast. Tomorrow morning she is departing! :(

You guys need to take great care of her when she is on the East Coast! I would say she is my most prized possession but that would totally be inappropriate...considering she isn't a pet.

Speaking of pets, I'm sorry that my cat was an asshole and he sat on your face in the middle of the night. I am not sure if a cat butt alarm clock is how you wanted to spend your vacation.
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8600, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:07 PM
Where ya moving to? I'll be in NY this weekend (too early for you) but I'll be back again in a month for my brother's graduation. Would be fun to grab coffee, or NY stuff like pizza or bagels, lol.
By Mendelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1920, member since Wed Feb 23, 2005
On Fri Apr 24, 2015 05:50 PM
YYD- you will just have to join us here, then!
On Fri Apr 24, 2015 05:52 PM
Safe travels little Haili!
On Sat May 16, 2015 07:21 PM
I'm waiting for like 15 packages to be shipped to my new place, which is looking more and more like a tornado hit it.

LOL.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Sat May 16, 2015 08:29 PM
Glad you made it safely! :)
On Sat May 23, 2015 01:39 PM
We want photo updates!!!

ReplySendWatch