Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

CPYB Application Pictures
By kaitielainey
On Tue Feb 17, 2015 09:59 PM

Hello. I'm new to dance.net and I'm quite new to ballet as well. I want to go to CPYB's summer intensive this year but I'm worried about my photos not looking good. My attitude isn't very high and my thighs are chubby so I'm worried I won't be accepted because my pictures aren't this best. I started ballet in September. I live in an area where there's not much options when it comes to ballet training so I certainly do not have the best school which is why I really want to go to CPYB to improve and get more rigorous training. I was going to have my teacher take my pictures but we're snowed in and it seems like I'm getting snowed in every time it gets close to my class day, so in worried about running out of time.

Is CPYB really picky on the bodies they accept in to their intensive and also can I post a link of the pictures I took and have everyone's opinion on if they're acceptable?

5 Replies to CPYB Application Pictures

re: CPYB Application Pictures
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Wed Feb 18, 2015 05:59 AM
CPYB is a first-come, first-serve intensive. You will be accepted if they have space. You will be evaluated based on your skills on the first day of class, and then placed in an appropriate level based on what you need. Go ahead and apply, send your pictures, and see what happens. If they have space, they will take you.
By behindbarres
On Wed Feb 18, 2015 06:02 PM
CPYB accepts everyone unless there is no room or they think it will be too rigorous of a program for you. So basically, they accept everyone. You can apply until May and it doesn't fill up extremely quickly, so don't worry about that. Definitely have your teacher take your pictures. The only downside to applying late is that the price of the program goes up every month. Go and apply, you will most likely get in :)
By kaitielainey
On Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:51 PM
Thank you all! I will apply first thing tomorrow before my mom goes to work! I'm so excited 😄
By behindbarres
On Fri Feb 20, 2015 06:40 PM
Yay! I'm going to CPYB too! See you there!

ReplySendWatch