Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

The rock or Joffery NYC?
By luvbrook500
On Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:44 PM

I got accepted into Joffery new york city and to the rock school of dance. I am 16 which program in your opinion is better?

3 Replies to The rock or Joffery NYC?

re: The rock or Joffery NYC?
By carlyeeeeee
On Sat Feb 21, 2015 02:11 PM
I honestly don't think very highly of either program. I have attended them both, and at neither did I receive personal attention and the class sizes were extremely large!
Dorming wise, the Rock School would be safer as it isn't in NYC. There were some great weekend activities such as waterparks, the King of Prussia mall, and even NYC! I don't remember any activities at Joffrey, but being in NYC is an activity all on its own.
If you have any questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.
By luvbrook500
On Sat Feb 21, 2015 04:38 PM
I got into the pre-professional level in nyc if that has anything to do with it.
By nycsylphmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 23, 2015 02:27 PM
The pre-professional is intense and designed to get professionals and pre-professionals in ballet shape. There's heavy focus on ballet so is this what you need? The downside is that it's two weeks.

So did you want a two week program? Is that what you were going to take at The Rock? If so, than the difference would be in the programs offered. If it's ballet you want, I'd go with The Joffrey. If you want to dabble in other styles, then I'd go with The Rock.

ReplySendWatch