Forum: Ballet / Ballet Choreography

Ballet Choreography
Narnia themed ballet
By annadans Comments: 3, member since Tue Feb 24, 2015
On Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:29 PM

Hi!

I'm doing a Narnia themed ballet for our studios recital.
I've got 4 groups taking part in the choreography. The idea is that the piece starts with 4 kids stepping through the closet, and enters the magical Narnia world.

The most advanced dancers will be doing the role of the white witch, and the lion. But I seem to be lacking ideas for other characters the other groups could dance. Any one with creative ideas, and maybe suitable music?

4 Replies to Narnia themed ballet

re: Narnia themed ballet
By magdalenemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 427, member since Fri Apr 27, 2007
On Tue Feb 24, 2015 02:54 PM
Well you have Mr. and Mrs. Beaver, Mr. Tumnus, etc...

or you can go abstract. Got any snowflake costumes left over from Nutcracker?
On Wed Feb 25, 2015 09:15 AM
Snow flakes, definitely a good idea :) Thanks!
By lassofthefaerys Comments: 5, member since Sat Nov 15, 2014
On Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 AM
Besides the main characters, the Queen's going to need an army, Aslan's going to need an army, and there's going to be wolves (or, you could switch it to trolls and use the younger dancers to choreograph "chases" as they go after the children!). Also, I'd consider adding at least the professor for the children to be with in the beginning, so the scenes with Lucy and Mr. Tumnus can make sense (and he can scold the two older children). The professor could also be Aslan, and it could be danced in front of the curtain, with Narnia taking place behind the curtain.

If you also need more parts for dancing, after spring arrives, wood nymphs and spring spirits can do a dance of spring.

Music wise, the Naria soundtrack has great instrumentals. I'd use things that sound Christmas-y in the beginning, and then stronger, summer-y tunes for the later part (and, of course, something strong for the battle). I could find suggestions, but I don't have any off the top of my head. (: Narnia's can be hard to do (in the musical theater world, at least), but I'm certain a ballet would be a lot more fun! ^.^ Best of luck!
On Sat Mar 07, 2015 04:36 AM
Thank you so much, those are just brilliant ideas!!! :D

ReplySendWatch