Forum: Irish / Irish

Worlds 2018 - not in DC!!!!
By irishsaoirsemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 AM

Some of you may know already, some maybe not - important for those who "plan" going to Wolrds in 2018 - THE LOCATION CHANGED.

it's not anymore Washington (venue not big enough (?) ) , it will be held in GLASGOW!

(I'm don't think I'm good enough for that to dance there tho - would be too good to be true lol, just thought it may be interesting for those who go there) :)

6 Replies to Worlds 2018 - not in DC!!!!

re: Worlds 2018 - not in DC!!!!
By chgodancemom
On Mon Mar 02, 2015 02:30 PM
How do you know?
By Realtreble
On Mon Mar 02, 2015 03:36 PM
Are you talking about the CLRG or some other association?
By boleyngrrl
On Mon Mar 02, 2015 03:53 PM
It is the CLRG worlds. It has been moved from DC, and the general consensus seems to be Glasgow. Apparently TCs were notified.

According to info I have found that is not backed up so take it with a grain of salt, they looked at the venue and deemed that it was not suited for Worlds. I'm sad about this because it would have been a totally awesome location for Worlds in my opinion, but it does seem to have been relocated. I wish they would have kept it somewhere in the states, though.
By DCinMD
On Wed Mar 04, 2015 07:52 AM
It definitely is Glasgow in 2018, it was on BBC News, here's the URL:

www.bbc.com . . .

Totally bummed, as a native Washingtonian
By cut12bum
On Wed Mar 11, 2015 01:15 PM
I wish they would have let the U.S. find a different venue rather than moving it back to Glasgow again.
By momsjigmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 PM
Not enough time to find a U.S. Venue, they already are working on Glasgow for 2016, easier to go back there.

ReplySendWatch