Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Ballet - Wanted
Giving away Pointe Shoes
By PrimaBallerina21 Comments: 20, member since Tue Mar 03, 2015
On Wed Mar 04, 2015 02:28 AM

Not sure where to put this, so I put it here in the hope somebody needing pointe shoes would see it as they posted their add.
Basically we're all getting rid of our pointe shoes in late April after winter shows have finished and there'll only be around 2/3 pairs to be given away as many of us keep most of our performance pointe shoes.It's only never worn or very dead that we give away. If you're interested reply below
They range between a US size 6 and a US size 9.Shipping worldwide is possible, but no matter where I ship to I require a $7 postage fee for tracking the parcel and the weight of it.

5 Replies to Giving away Pointe Shoes

re: Giving away Pointe Shoes
By BalletSwan Comments: 34, member since Mon Mar 02, 2015
On Wed Mar 04, 2015 05:51 AM
I would like the US size 9 please. I am willing to pay shipping. I am going to use them for crafts for all the people who think I'd dance in already broken in, used shoes.
By Bril Comments: 150, member since Thu Mar 07, 2013
On Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:59 AM
Hi,
I would like a pair if you can ship to Canada. I make book ends out of them and buying them off ebay is getting expensive.
On Wed Mar 11, 2015 01:51 PM
@Bril ,that sounds like a very interesting thing to do,I'm not so sure about restrictions for sending mail to Canada as I don't know many Canadians but I can certainly enquire about having a pair sent to you :)
On Wed Mar 11, 2015 02:00 PM
@ Ballet swan, you couldn't anyway haha.There's literally no support left in them, we always make sure we get every bit of use out of them possible :)
I'll wait until the last recital then I'll make sure there's a pair sent to you. May I enquire as to what you plan on making? I'm quite interested, there's never been anybody willing to make beautiful art/projects with our old pointe shoes, most people only want us to sign them for them to hang on their wall and though we never mind signing them we'd much rather they were put to good use and given a nice home with a true purpose :)
By BalletSwan Comments: 34, member since Mon Mar 02, 2015
On Wed Mar 11, 2015 05:28 PM
@ PrimaBallerina21, of course you may enquire just what I intend to do with those old dead Pointe shoes. I am making a chandelier out of them. I only need one last pair as all of my old ones have been used which I thought was impossible. I guess over 52 pairs isn't enough for the exact chandelier I want to make.

ReplySendWatch