Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Remember that bikini line I posted about like 7 years ago?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Thu Mar 12, 2015 01:30 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 13:33:53
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 13:38:18
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 13:42:58
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 13:58:48
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 14:13:05

www.dance.net . . .

Not sure if anyone actually remembers this thread....but I just wanted to give an update and say how proud I am of my friend.
Even if the line had a bit of rough start, and the owner was reading a few of comments( taking advice given here and in real life) ..she kept pushing on an following her dream .

She saw people saying she needed larger sizes, so she shifted the Large to a size 10-12 instead of a size 6 like before. Things like that, she really listened and took advice.
( she went a bit larger, but any larger then 12 wouldn't sell and it was a money drain)

Her swimsuit line was featured three times in Sports Illustrated edition, and once on the cover! She did Miami Fashion Week 3 years in a row, and apparently it got voted the hottest swimwear line. They are flying off the shelfs in Hollywood, and there is a waitlist to get some hot designs.
( Thankfully I bought a whole bunch, before the prices went through the roof!)

She was also featured in Seventeen and Shape magazine. She has also been seen in Peoples Magazine with celebrities such as Kim Kardasian wearing them.

I am posting an update like 5 years later, because this is someone who started from scratch...listened to everyone's comments...and really made it a huge success in the Swimwear Industry!

Always follow your dreams!!! I feel like this is such an American Dream story....she has this dream of creating a swimwear line, started out with this tiny budget....and made everything happen. Even comments on DDN helped her with a bit of her success I like to think ;)
This is just so so so inspiring to me.

If you have any negative comments about her swimsuits or whatever, please keep them to yourself. You don't need to buy her suits.

My favorite show is Sharktank...and I am always so inspired by the follow up stories of starting companies. This is like a real life version!

2 Replies to Remember that bikini line I posted about like 7 years ago?

re: Remember that bikini line I posted about like 7 years ago?
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Thu Mar 12, 2015 02:30 PM
That's awesome! I'm so glad she met with success. I still don't see what makes them super special, but I may just not have an eye for this type of stuff ;)
re: Remember that bikini line I posted about like 7 years ago?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Thu Mar 12, 2015 02:56 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 14:59:14
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-03-12 15:05:29
^ I guess they are special, in a " wore to be seen" style. Bathe kind of pool parties where women are in heels, full hair and makeup ;) I've been to a few of those, and I was the odd one out because I didn't have fake lashes!
They aren't for swimming laps in or anything.

They are very revealing and sexy, and I guess not too many swimsuit lines are this revealing. I can think of a few, and they are also pretty popular in the beachy party towns.
( Not Northern Ca though, I haven't even seen 1 type of this kind of party, way too cold!)

I go to La just for these pool parties, and I have seen a few of her heartshaped suits on girls there. The heartshaped one is the one that made the cover of Sports Illustrated!
I guess they are popular in the Hollywood crowd/Vegas party/ Miami crowd and perfect for Sports Illustrated.

I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing this heart shaped one, but the other styles have a lot more coverage.

Either way, I think she found her niche and really worked it! Sometimes all it takes is finding a small segment of people who throw money at a product. If only 5% of the population buys this style of swimsuit, she better stock them in areas where those 5% are!

ReplySendWatch