Forum: Highland / Highland - Jig

Highland - Jig
Opinions wanted: where do you buy your jig shoes?
By LKolenko Comments: 12, member since Wed Feb 25, 2015
On Sat Mar 21, 2015 08:22 AM

I'm learning the jig this year and will be purchasing jig shoes. Who makes nice ones? Where do you get them? Are there guidelines for sizing/buying jig shoes that differ from regular ghillies?

4 Replies to Opinions wanted: where do you buy your jig shoes?

re: Opinions wanted: where do you buy your jig shoes?
By McJagger Comments: 86, member since Sun Apr 27, 2014
On Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:06 AM
I just bought my daughter her first pair of jig shoes online. If you research enough online, you should be able to figure out the fit of the particular brand you want to buy. Are you in Canada, the States, Europe?
By cocacolakid Comments: 93, member since Sat Mar 17, 2007
On Sun Mar 22, 2015 07:46 AM
I bought my nieces first jig shoes (and for one a second pair---she will not stop growing!) from creativedesigns2100.com. They have James Seniors. Their dance teacher was very pleased with them. Something about the right size heel and height of heel. The big decision was the colour, red or green or the two tone. The youngest got red, the older got green for her first pair, but wanted two tone for her last pair. I should also say, I sold the outgrown green pair, quickly, and got a great price!
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Sun Mar 22, 2015 02:39 PM
Not sure where you are, but McFarland's in New South Wales, Australia has a newish range of jig shoes. They're very nice. My dancer has wide strong feet and they suit her well. downunderthekilt.com, I think.
By LKolenko Comments: 12, member since Wed Feb 25, 2015
On Tue Mar 31, 2015 09:06 AM
Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions! I'm in the US. As luck would have it, one of my teachers just bought herself a pair of James Seniors, and after trying them on, I think they'll work for someone like me with a shorter foot and wider toe bed (I wear a 5.5 in Hullachan Competitions, and the 5 in the James Senior jig shoes I think will fit well). I'm writing all this in case someone else might find it useful! www.highlandxpress.com . . .

ReplySendWatch