Forum: Arts / Diaries

Diaries
Fitness Diary
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Apr 08, 2015 03:28 PM

Lets give this another shot.

My goal is 118 by June.

Yesterday 4/7= Starting weight 136.0. I walked 1.5 miles.

Today 4/8= 135.8 I walked 1.5 miles, went to a barre class...and I plan on walking 1.5 miles when I get home.

I have a treadmill at my house, and a stationary bike...and a bowflex and some weight machines. I got lazy on using the stuff...but I better get some usage out of my machines!

11 Replies to Fitness Diary

re: Fitness Diary
On Thu Apr 09, 2015 08:07 AM
4/9= 134.2

I didn't walk that extra 1.5 miles when I came home last night. I just watched 3 hours of TV instead.

I had some junk food last night, as mindless snacking during TV. My goal is to not it ANY junk food tv. There is a vending machine at work today, so my plan is to avoid buying anything from in there,

Today, I plan on 1.5 miles of walking+ a barre method class.
re: Fitness Diary (karma: 1)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:22 AM
YumYumDoughnut wrote:

4/9= 134.2

I didn't walk that extra 1.5 miles when I came home last night. I just watched 3 hours of TV instead.

I had some junk food last night, as mindless snacking during TV. My goal is to not it ANY junk food tv. There is a vending machine at work today, so my plan is to avoid buying anything from in there,

But, hey, you still lost and that is a win.
On Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 AM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-04-10 10:11:54
4/10 = 135.0

The scale went down yesterday, so I thought I could get away with eating pasta and fried chicken and ice cream last night. Oops!

Yesterday I lifted weights and I couldn't find 15 lb weight for my lunges. So I held my 15 lb dog in my arms to do lunges around d the yard. He was quite calm and helpful. He liked being carried like a baby,

Today my plan is to go for a long walk with my dog, a barre class, and maybe some Xbox 360 Fitness game,
On Sun Apr 12, 2015 08:01 AM
4/11=135.2
Yesterday, I ate a carrot for breakfast...and a double bacon cheeseburger as a lunch/dinner. I went to bed at 6 PM and didn't get up until 7 AM this morning. It was my first day of my period, so I was just super tired and didn't feel hungry nor did I feel like working out.

4/12= 134.0
I am going to skip breakfast to give my stomach a little rest from that double bacin cheese burger. I am having a bit of indigestion from that heavy meal.
For lunch, I want to try this new place that has Gf lobster rolls with loads of butter. And for dinner, I am planning on cooking salmon with some almond broccoli and baking a sugarfree flourless chocolate tart .

As for working out, all I feel up too is a walk with my dog. I have some heavy cramping, and I feel like going right back to sleep.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:33 AM
It might not be worth it to weigh yourself while on your period, if you tend to bloat. I haven't had a period in years, so I'm not sure if it would really make a difference or not.

I like your new avatar. Also, we weigh almost the same now. I'm 136. But you are taller than me ;)
On Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:06 PM
I lose weight on/after my period, because my cravings for food reduce. When I am PMsing, god help me. I would rob a bakery truck if I could!
I did 2 lbs in 1 week. I want to keep pushing downwards. I need your guys help, so I don't self sabotage!

My goal is to be 129 by next Saturday. I should have a 3lbs ish natural drop once my period ends. I have dance auditions next Saturday, but I am just trying not to stress too badly about my weight being too high for auditions.Whenever I get stressed, I stress eat...and with your support, this time, I won't stress eat!
I heard they take girls who aren't as fit as they need to be, and put them on weight restriction before the 1st performance in July/August. I am going to dance my butt off, and show them that while I am not the most fit, I dance well. I hope they take a chance on me.
On Mon Apr 13, 2015 08:52 AM
4/11=132.0

Yesterday was a blah day, I walked for 1 mile with my dog and that was about it. My cramps were bad and the midol was making me jittery and gross feeling.

I wish there was a button in the women's body, that you just hit when you wanted to have a baby. Maybe if the body knew it didn't want a baby quite yet, it could stop acting out and bleeding as revenge for not having a baby in me.
I tried several BC's but they just aren't worth the emotional meltdowns I get from them. Maybe I should give that another try, so my periods aren't so freaking bad.
BC pills give me super bad nausea, but I also get nauseated when I ovulate and my period. Maybe I just have a wacky stomach.
On Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:03 AM
YumYumDoughnut wrote:

I wish there was a button in the women's body, that you just hit when you wanted to have a baby. Maybe if the body knew it didn't want a baby quite yet, it could stop acting out and bleeding as revenge for not having a baby in me.
I tried several BC's but they just aren't worth the emotional meltdowns I get from them. Maybe I should give that another try, so my periods aren't so freaking bad.
BC pills give me super bad nausea, but I also get nauseated when I ovulate and my period. Maybe I just have a wacky stomach.

I love my Nexplanon (well, used to be called Implanon). Even with the trouble it gave me when I went to get it switched out. The only side effect I've had is no periods. But there can be some pretty bad side effects too.
On Tue Apr 14, 2015 09:43 AM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2015-04-14 09:47:50
4/14= 132.6

I just feel so blah today, I haven't worked out in a few days, because I am just so exhausted, I feel like whenever I get my period, I am just so freaking tired.

I have good news that I haven't stress ate this week, even though I am stressed major time. I guess DDN is keeping me accountable.

I basically lost 4lbs this past week and I am super happy about that. I think it will start to slow down, because I know the first few weeks of a new diet tends to drop some water weight. My bf is gone for 3 weeks overseas, so my goal is to be 125 by the time he comes back.
We started to get " comfortable" in the relationship and I started to get self esteem problems, which drove me towards another man. I feel that with this weight loss, I would feel like myself again. I lost control for a while, and I had a totally " F this!" Attitude and I became unhappy. I would just gorge on food because I stopped caring about myself and my own happiness.
My bf saw a difference in me, and he said my personality had shifted. He was super patient with me, and he didn't say a bad thing to me. Even when I slept a long time, snapped at him, and basically acted like a bitch towards him.

I know some women are totally confident and happy in their own skin, but I was happier when I was fit and in shape. All these empowerment movements do nothing for me. I see stomach bloating and I don't think it looks pretty. Which tends to make me emotionally eat because I am sad that I became heavier.
I know some women who are heavier and they look amazing. They have curves in all the right places, and they dress super well. So it isn't that I think fat is " ugly" but I just don't like the way *I* personally look when I am heavier. I think it is because I put weight in my face and stomach, so it just looks weird when I am bigger. I start to double chin when my BMI is 21.0
I guess ethnically. I heard that east asians are at a higher risk for weight related diseases with a lower BMI when compared to other ethnic groups. I just don't have the body frame to be able to carry extra weight gracefully.

Not only do I dislike the way I look, I also feel more sluggish when I am not working out or eating healthy. I feel tired more easily, and I don't have as much energy when I teach my students. I became super constipated and bloated because of my unhealthy food choices. I was miserable at 136 lbs. Not only because I gained 20lbs, but mostly because I just felt physically ill from my food. I got migraines, stomach issues, and ache joints.

I want to get in shape for my own happiness and so I can get the energy levels back that I used to have.

I had some blood work done, and now that I have a better idea or my health overall....I work with my doctor to try and improve some health related dietary issues.
On Thu Apr 16, 2015 08:42 PM
131.6!!!!

This is the most progress that I made in a long time! I think having your support is helping me out.
On Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 AM

This is after a huge dinner with Haili ( yes from DDN, she is visitng me).

I think this weight loss is going to stick with me this time!

ReplySendWatch