Forum: Irish / Irish

Best schools in the US Southern Region
By paravel
On Tue Apr 14, 2015 09:10 AM
Edited by paravel (266041) on 2015-04-14 09:10:42 edited to fix typo

Our family is looking to relocate and we are considering areas in the South and South-East of the US--I think this is the US Southern Region for IDTANA? We are currently in the Western region and are somewhat familiar with which schools have the best reputation, but I don't know much about schools in the Southern region. We would like to be near an Irish dance school where my kids can learn from great teachers but which also has a supportive, friendly environment. We're just in the beginning stages of scouting out locations and job opportunities, so our options are wide open at the moment.

If you are in the Southern US region and love your school, please tell me about it!

7 Replies to Best schools in the US Southern Region

re: Best schools in the US Southern Region
By JenBlackerbymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 14, 2015 01:11 PM
where in the Southern region? its a huge place with lots of schools!

I dance for The Goode Academy in Tulsa, OK and love it!
re: Best schools in the US Southern Region (karma: 2)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 14, 2015 01:54 PM
www.feisresults.com . . . If you look there, you can look at placers at the Southern Region O last year. That should give an idea of which schools can consistently produce champion dancers, but it won't give you any idea of how friendly and supportive a school is.
By kate_monster
On Fri Apr 17, 2015 05:08 AM
There are SO many great schools in the south! It really depends where you are moving to and what you want out of the school. There are some big names of course, but there are also some really great smaller schools.
By paravel
On Wed Apr 22, 2015 07:23 AM
We're looking in a pretty broad area, including Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, North and South Carolina, and possibly other states in the region. We're trying to narrow things down a bit, and a good dance school is definitely a consideration. Quality teaching and a friendly environment would be top priorities.
By StrattonBlack
On Tue May 19, 2015 10:57 AM
Did you ever decide? Just now seeing this post. I'm in the SR and would be happy to talk to you by email. sabb5433@gmail.com
Best of luck!
By paravel
On Tue May 19, 2015 02:53 PM
Thanks for the offer, I will send you an email.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 18, 2015 08:07 PM
What cities in Alabama and Georgia are your family considering?

ReplySendWatch