Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

ADCRG Requirements
By CarleIrishDancer
On Tue Apr 14, 2015 07:41 PM

I'm just a teen dancer, but I think I'd like to become an adjudicator when I finally have to quit. Could anyone possibly explain to me what would need to be done to achieve such? Do you have to take the grade exams and become a TCRG first? Not that I could do much for about 5 years, but I'm rather curious since it seems pretty cool.

3 Replies to ADCRG Requirements

re: ADCRG Requirements
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Apr 14, 2015 08:10 PM
Everything you needed to know about becoming an ADCRG: clrg.ie . . .

You must be at least 30 years of age and have been a TCRG for at least 5 years prior.

Hope that helps!
By PlancstaiPremium member
On Sun Apr 26, 2015 09:48 AM
Look at irish.dance for their requirements. You can become a judge at 25 and it is a training programme as opposed to an exam.
By criosamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:57 AM
if you're looking at becoming an ADCRG within An Coimisun (CLRG), keep in mind:

That TCRG candidates must have completed all 12 Grade Examinations to be eligible to apply for the TCRG examination, to be effective 1st January 2018.

from clrg.ie . . .
(that page also has links to the current TCRG requirements and the ADCRG info Nyssasistic linked you to already)

you mentioned 5 years, so that Grade Exam requirement would be in effect by the time you're ready to take the TCRG.

definitely start looking into and taking the grade exams now so you'll have that under your belt when you're ready to retire and take the TCRG.

ReplySendWatch