Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage
What kind of cookies should I make with these chips?
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Wed Apr 15, 2015 08:44 PM

I have 2 kinds of fun chips for cookies. I know I could make chocolate chip cookies but I was thinking of something else, something that would showcase the chips and not the cookies, if you know what I mean. The chips I have are Raspberry Chocolate Chips and Lemon Chips. Anybody got any good cookie recipes for my chips?

4 Replies to What kind of cookies should I make with these chips?

re: What kind of cookies should I make with these chips?
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Thu Apr 16, 2015 03:06 PM
I'm more of a cake maker than cookies and two of my favourite cakes to make are raspberry white chocolate and lemon-lime curd cake. mmmmm. I'm sure these flavours are translatable to cookies. Them lemon chips sound good for shortbread too :) You could make lemon custard tarts with them too.
On Thu Apr 16, 2015 03:53 PM
Oh yeah, shortbread. I forgot about those cookies. I'll have to find a recipe that doesn't use 2 sticks or more of butter. Mom will have a cow if I use that much butter.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sun Apr 19, 2015 08:07 AM
I wouldn't use them together.

The lemon chips might do well with poppy seed muffins or even in chocolate cookies... the coolness of the lemon often makes the chocolate a different, pleasing, experience.

I'd mix the raspberry chips with Craisins if you want to highlight the fruitiness... perhaps in Magic Cookie Bars?

The thread is expired, but check out the Cookie Swap posts... most of them are EXCELLENT! www.dance.net . . . xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
On Sun Apr 19, 2015 09:37 PM
I never thought of Lemon chips in chocolate cookies. I will definitely give it a try. I'll try that with the Raspberry chips too. I remember the other thread and I wanted to try some of those recipes. I just don't remember any that fit what I'm looking for but I will check the thread out again. Thanks for your help!

ReplySendWatch