BAE SI and / vs CPYB August SI
By nataliedancer
On 04/17/2015 09:21:11
Hi, I'm considering auditioning for / going to either of the 2 intensives and was wondering which would I get more out of? In terms of intensity which has a more rigorous program and how are they different in terms of class size etc? If anyone has experience with either (or both of these courses) and could give me some advice it would be great! Also, is it true that at CPYB there are only 2 1 hour classes a day? Thanks in advance! I'm 15 turning 16 in November.
re: BAE SI and / vs CPYB August SI
By Serendipity42
On 04/17/2015 10:02:48
I would recommend you look at the sites of both to check what their curriculum is. For example, CPYB show a sample of various levels' days.... http://www.cpyb.org/school/summer-program/5-week-program/curriculum
By nataliedancer
On 04/17/2015 18:32:44
Thanks for the link and help serendipity but that's actually for the Sumer course rather than the August course :) im having trouble finding information on the August course actually! But thank you anyway! Have you heard of BAE SI?
By Serendipity42
On 04/17/2015 19:17:03
I have heard of Ballet Academy East, if that is what your BAE is supposed to represent. I have heard it is a good school. I read the summer brochure, which is available online, and looked up the August course for CPYB. It looks like you are correct - the August CPYB does not list itself as an intensive. If you are looking for an intensive, go with BAE.
By nycsylph
On 04/18/2015 13:14:18
BAE is a fantastic school. If you want to receive great training, work with superb teachers, be pushed in a positive way, then go with BAE.
By MeaMSBMD
On 04/20/2015 19:13:50
CPYB is one of the best schools in the country, but if you're looking for an intensive, go to their 5 week program and not the August course. At the August course, you have 2 technique classes a day, back to back in the morning. There is no pointe, partnering, or modern at the August course, no matter what level you're in. It's all year round teachers. It focuses strictly on technique. It would give you a good idea of what to expect if you're looking to go to Cpyb year round. BAE on the other hand, is a smaller school and the summer intensive an all day program which gives you pointe, variations, partnering and modern. Both can really help you, depending on what you want to work on.
By MeaMSBMD
On 04/20/2015 19:15:18
CPYB is one of the best schools in the country, but if you're looking for an intensive, go to their 5 week program and not the August course. At the August course, you have 2 technique classes a day, back to back in the morning. There is no pointe, partnering, or modern at the August course, no matter what level you're in. It's all year round teachers. It focuses strictly on technique. It would give you a good idea of what to expect if you're looking to go to Cpyb year round. BAE on the other hand, is a smaller school and the summer intensive an all day program which gives you pointe, variations, partnering and modern. Both can really help you, depending on what you want to work on.
By nataliedancer
On 04/25/2015 09:52:47
Thank you all! I think I will audition for BAE and if I can't get in, will go for the CPYB! I would actually love to train at CPYB but feel like I might get more out of the BAE intensive since it is, well, more intensive. However, do you think CPYB may be more useful in getting basic things right like holding my turnout and working on general technique?
By MeaMSBMD
On 04/25/2015 13:34:00
Yes definitely ! Also, BAE requires or strongly recommends that their students attend either the CPYB 5 Week or August course. Darla Hoover, the founder of BAE, is the co-director of CPYB.
By nataliedancer
On 04/25/2015 22:19:15
Yes as in CPYB would help me with my turnout etc? (sorry just slightly confused :P) I would honestly love to go for both but it would be rather costly and it's actually during my school term :/ (I live outside the US) Is BAE very selective with their students?
By MeaMSBMD
On 04/27/2015 18:16:29
Yes, CPYB is the best place to go if you want to improve your technique. BAE is very selective with their year round students, I do not know about their summer program.
By nycsylph
On 05/07/2015 08:53:33
Yes, CPYB is the best place to go if you want to improve your technique.
Just want to say that CPYB is only one of the best places to go. Luckily, there are a lot of really great schools around the country and world so there are many, many "bestest" places. :)

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/20/2022 11:11:46