Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

Modern Dance - General
Has Anyone had Experience wearing 3/4 or hair pieces for Contemporary dance?
By IsabellaRose Comments: 4, member since Sun Oct 19, 2014
On Sun Apr 19, 2015 01:52 PM

Hi,
so I have really short hair. I cut it off for charity, but i desperately want to get some length back. At my college, we do a lot of commercial jazz and contemporary based work. and we are allowed to have our hair down.

I recently discovered 3/4 wigs and i am going to get one. But i would like to know if anyone has any experience with securing them properly enough to dance in? I had the idea of pinning/tying up the top half of my hair (with the wig on) to create the half up half down style that i would usually do to get hair out of my face anyway. im hoping this would also help secure the wig. any advice?

1 Replies to Has Anyone had Experience wearing 3/4 or hair pieces for Contemporary dance?

re: Has Anyone had Experience wearing 3/4 or hair pieces for Contemporary dance?
By lassofthefaerys Comments: 5, member since Sat Nov 15, 2014
On Tue Apr 21, 2015 02:08 AM
Go to youtube, and look up 'irish dance wig with pixie cut'--that should bring up something by a young girl with brown hair. I know the wig you're wearing isn't Irish, but in Irish dance we wear wigs anywhere from 1-3lbs, so it'll be helpful (and we're bounding around a lot more than in other dance styles!). She does both a bun wig and a full wig, so whatever your's is, you'll have something to get a guideline on.

Of course, always keep your hair sticky (either don't wash it the night/morning before or spray it with loads of hairspray to make it tacky), apply lots of bobby pins, and practice with the wig on a few times before you actually dance. I'm sure other ladies will have lots of info to add, too!

Best of luck!

ReplySendWatch