Forum: Advice / Emergency

Emergency
PLEASE HELP!! My costume is too small, and I can't fit into it!!! ASAP!
By DanceFreak8 Comments: 17, member since Tue Feb 03, 2015
On Mon Apr 20, 2015 06:35 PM

So right now I am having a mental breakdown that my dress can't fit... We just got our costumes today, and recital is a couple weeks away. And on top of that pictures are at THIS SATURDAY APRIL 25!!!!! I am literally crying, and I can't do anything about it! I have already email-ed my Dance teacher/owner, and I have no clue what to do. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!

6 Replies to PLEASE HELP!! My costume is too small, and I can't fit into it!!! ASAP!

re: PLEASE HELP!! My costume is too small, and I can't fit into it!!! ASAP!
By Sakura_Efreet Comments: 707, member since Fri May 02, 2008
On Mon Apr 20, 2015 08:18 PM
This happened to me once, and I'm sorry you're going through it too.

My teacher contacted the costume company right away to get the issue resolved. Then, for solo pictures, I borrowed another girl's costume. Hers was a bit big on me, but it was better than wearing something to small.

For group pictures, our teacher had me wear black and be in the back row. The pictures aren't very pretty, but I was happy to be in the group picture because I wanted to be with all my friends.

Let us know if this gets resolved!
By Sumayah Comments: 6879, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Mon Apr 20, 2015 08:41 PM
What style of costume is it? Ballet tutu? Lyrical dress? Unitard? Also how is it too small? Too tight around? Won't go over your hips? Too short thru the torso? Those answers will help us make suggestions.
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Apr 20, 2015 08:49 PM
I agree you need to give us a few clues as to how it won't fit you, then we can hopefully help you out.
On Tue Apr 21, 2015 01:10 PM
Sorry for the late notice, I was at school. But anywaysI will try to be as descriptive as possible for my costume (if that makes any sense). It is a Jazz costume, and it is a very short dress. In the inside of the dress there is a leotard with shorts bulit on to it, and the dress Does NOT stretch out at all. When I put on the dress, it is okay until 6 inches away from my knee. no matter how much force ( without ruining it) I just can't get it on! And the leotard with the built in shorts fits me fine, but it is just the dress doesn't fit on me! Btw, there is no zipper, and my dance instructor said that we might have to add on black fabric on the sides, which I am okay with. So what should I do now?
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Tue Apr 21, 2015 02:47 PM
Do you have a dressmaker? It sounds like a zipper needs to be put in the back, talk to your teacher first though and let her know what the problem is.
On Tue Apr 21, 2015 04:33 PM
Sadly no, we don't have a dress maker. We usually add on our own stuff on to itor hire someone else to do it. But since pictures are just a couple more days, we don't have enough time. So I probably can't make it to my dance pictures.

ReplySendWatch