Forum: Adults / 20 Something

20 Something
Going to Thailaaaannddd!!!
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Wed Apr 22, 2015 09:53 PM

I'm going to be teaching English in Bangkok for 2 weeks! Followed by a month of holiday in Thailand! :D We're saving up for all the travels. My step mother is Thai and she and my sister said they'd love to come along (which is good because, you know, I can't speak a drop of the language!). I'm so excited and like, I want to do all the things. Like pet tigers and elephants again. And hand feed the monkeys and big fishies. And of course, buy all the silk for making pretty custom corsets. And the food! And the historical sites. And the beaches. I hope I have enough time to do all the things.

I'm super excited! ^^ My last holiday was only 2 weeks in Europe which was really rushed (few days in France, Berlin, Vienna and Munich).

4 Replies to Going to Thailaaaannddd!!!

re: Going to Thailaaaannddd!!!
By Majda Comments: 5, member since Fri May 01, 2015
On Fri May 01, 2015 09:45 AM
Hi Gavrilushka! Nice to hear about you, though I am all new on this site and to all of u :)) Anyway, I wanted to know if you could tell me where from did you find the job. My prime passion is dancing, but I finished languages studies and am looking for a job abroad at the moment.

Thanks and all the best :)
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Fri May 01, 2015 10:57 PM
I did it through a holiday exchange program for language students at my university. :) But I don't know how it works for you, but you'd need TESOL and if you have this qualification you can apply for language work overseas. I haven't finished my TESOL yet so I'm not sure how the applications work, but usually you join an organisation and you can apply for work abroad, I'm just on an internship. Most work is in Asia - China, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan.
By Majda Comments: 5, member since Fri May 01, 2015
On Sat May 02, 2015 02:04 AM
Thank you and good luck!
By Mendelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1920, member since Wed Feb 23, 2005
On Sun May 10, 2015 01:41 PM
Have fun! Be sure to try a fruit called "custard apple" in English. It exists in India and Thailand, but not many other countries. It's absolutely divine! Many people confuse it with cherimoya, but it is different from that, though in the same family. Here is a picture of the fruit.

ReplySendWatch