Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
I need me some shoes
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2015-04-22 22:48:29

First off, the lighting sucks and ignore my face and hair.

So, I got this awesome dress at Ross for $40 (normally priced at $100). I got it for work. I'm thinking a nude heel, but I'm having trouble finding some that have a low/mid-heel and aren't too pointy (I prefer a round toe) or too dorky.

My black pumps I wear to work are these: www.chineselaundry.com . . .

They have a 2 1/2 in heel, which is acceptable (for my personal comfort at work) and the highest heel I'll wear to work.

I looked at J.C Penny's, Dillard's and Macy's and couldn't find a pair I liked. Any ideas?

EDIT: This is what the dress looks like on a model (I am obviously shorter than a model): www.lordandtaylor.com . . .

4 Replies to I need me some shoes

re: I need me some shoes
By Tishwah Comments: 586, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Thu Apr 23, 2015 06:50 AM
I really like that dress! Have you tried it with your black pumps you posted? I think you could wear it with black in a pinch. If you didn't want to do that could you get your Chinese Laundry pumps in Nude? Do they do Nude?

Have you tried searching for a kitten heel? That is what I search when I am looking for something lower than my usual stiletto.

What about a flat? Would you wear a flat with this dress?
By Tishwah Comments: 586, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Thu Apr 23, 2015 06:57 AM
I think ASOS ships to the US? What about these?
www.asos.com . . .

or
www.asos.com . . .

Theiconic is an Australian store, so I have no idea if they ship to the US, but I think they are great.

I know these have a pointed toe, but it was a starting point
www.theiconic.com.au . . .

Ivory

Hush Puppies are super comfortable

Another thought, Leopard Print is a neutral, why not try something with a bit of "pop"?
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Thu Apr 23, 2015 08:16 AM
Edited by Nyssasistic (74238) on 2015-04-23 08:19:34 I'm a derp and forgot to add the image
Edited by Nyssasistic (74238) on 2015-04-23 08:25:19 Derp again?
I own this pair of heels and it is the perfect in between heel. I screenshotted this, it's from Payless.
These are nice, but so comfortable that I am able to wear them for hours even when I'm 7+ months pregnant.

Hope that helps- I love this line of shoes!

Image hotlink - 'https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7606/17057472040_48ca663fc2_h.jpg'
re: I need me some shoes (karma: 1)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Apr 23, 2015 03:22 PM
I was going to reply earlier today.

My black pumps come in "Taupe" which looks a little too dark for me. I have them in white and saw they had the in a light pink too.

I love all of those shoes you posted. But I went to Payless today to look at the ones Nyssa posted and I bought them (I figured there is one pretty close and their shoes are cheap). I've had that brand before (my previous pair of black pumps) and they are quite comfortable. Plus they were doing BOGO, so I got a pair of black wedges too.

My work heels usually only last a year, my feet tend to sweat a lot and even when I use powder and deodorizing lotion after about a year my shoes are too stinky. Real leather shoes do last a bit longer. My other heels that I don't wear as often last for years (you know, a few hours here and there...).

ReplySendWatch