Forum: Irish / Irish

Have you had to change your solo dress after a transfer?
By rocksrock94
On Mon Apr 27, 2015 01:22 PM

If any of you guys have experience with transfers, do you alway have to get a new solo dress when you move to a new school?

4 Replies to Have you had to change your solo dress after a transfer?

re: Have you had to change your solo dress after a transfer?
By SeaTurtleMama
On Mon Apr 27, 2015 08:08 PM
We have not transferred, but there are girls who transferred into my daughter's school and they were not required to get a new solo dress. Her TCRG does not restrict us to specific designers or require a certain look.
By krisinstitches
On Tue Apr 28, 2015 06:37 AM
I suspect it can go either way, and for many reasons.

One family I know that is transferring will be asked to get new solo dresses with the new school's preferred dressmaker.

Depending on the age of the dancer, you could end up needing a new solo dress just because by the time the 6 month ban is done (assuming CLRG and not a move due to a relocation) one may be needed just to accommodate a growth spurt.
By KayWrites1989
On Thu Apr 30, 2015 08:48 AM
I am in a similar situation where I will be dropping down to advanced beginner from adult at a new school. Not only will my dress not be needed until I get to prizewinner, but my new TC is very specific about dressmakers and mine was made from someone small and local. If I don't get to keep it hopefully someone else can love it like I did.
By Realtreble
On Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:33 PM
If you are transferring, this is one of those questions you should ask of the new schools you are considering. My dancer has transferred twice, once for our convenience and once due to relocation. Neither TC required a new dress. The first time, dd outgrew her dress during the ban, so we did purchase a new dress. She continued using the same dress after her relocation. I want to add, our first TC had a required dressmaker and expected transferees to purchase a new dress from that DM. The next two TCs did not have preferred DM; we could buy from anyone with the TCs' input on colors and design.

ReplySendWatch