Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
CRDM World Championships
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 827, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Fri May 01, 2015 04:45 AM

It's been about a month now since I competed at the CRDM World Championships and it dawned on me that I had put a post on here to say how I had done.

Things went well I was last onstage in my age group and was actually dancing onstage with a really close friend of mine.
My reel went well and I thought i moved round the stage well but could have lifted more.
My hornpipe was ok though I went slightly wrong on my first step so wasn't pleased with it.
But my set dance was great. I danced planxty drury and have to say it was the best set I have ever danced I think.

I was lucky enough to come 4th place overall, 3 of the judges had me in 3rd place and I was only 5 points off 3rd place.

I was really pleased and got a lovely trophy that we get to keep so happy about that lol.

Anyway just thought I would share

Jono

5 Replies to CRDM World Championships

re: CRDM World Championships
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 827, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Fri May 01, 2015 04:46 AM
Sorry for the picture being sideways, I'm not sure why that happened
On Fri May 01, 2015 05:02 AM
Sorry for the picture being sideways, I'm not sure why that happened
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3559, member since Wed Jul 28, 2004
On Fri May 01, 2015 07:00 AM
Congratulations!
By StepdancerPremium member Comments: 1977, member since Sun Oct 22, 2006
On Fri May 01, 2015 08:33 PM
Congrats on your placement! And I agree that's a cool trophy. :) First one I've seen in rose gold!
On Sat May 02, 2015 01:15 AM
Hanks guys I was so pleased.
The trophy is more of a copper colour I think that's the colour 4th and 5th got.
Here's a close up picture of the trophy, we even got a nice carry box for them

ReplySendWatch