Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Adult Dancers

Ballet Hairstyles for short hair
By josie87
On Mon May 04, 2015 03:14 AM

Hi all, I have been taking ballet classes for just over 2 years now (I went back to them after 20 years of being away), and I have just had my hair cut.

The thing is, I am used to wearing my hair in a bun. I am considering getting hair extensions for certain events coming up and was wondering about the use of hair extensions in a ballet class.

1. Will they be visible in a bun?
2. Are they likely to fall out during a grande jete or pirouette?
3. Do they make putting hair into a bun more difficult.

If hair extensions are not appropriate, can anyone tell me what is appropriate for short hair? I suspect my hair will fall in my face frequently if I don't use anything.

5 Replies to Ballet Hairstyles for short hair

re: Ballet Hairstyles for short hair
By Kittydoodles
On Mon May 04, 2015 07:22 AM
How short is your hair exactly? Is it like a bob, pixie, or shoulder length?
By contemp_is_rad
On Wed May 06, 2015 02:38 AM
this can be done with SUPER short hair.
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com . . .
By contemp_is_rad
On Wed May 06, 2015 02:44 AM
Actually, seeing as i've had short hair such, SUCH a long time, I've collected LOADS of short hair dos on pinterest, if you're interested in having a look. Heaps of them work for teaching in, so would also be fine for class. www.pinterest.com . . .
By Elindranythmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 PM
contemp_is_rad wrote:

this can be done with SUPER short hair.
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com . . .

Absolutely true. About a year ago I got my hair cut into a chin length inverted bob and this is exactly how I kept all the layers out of my face, and then used a bunch of snap clips to secure the ends at the back. After it grew out a bit I switched to double French braids until it was long enough again for a ponytail and baby bun.
By Jennifer71
On Mon May 11, 2015 01:30 AM
My hair is in a chin length bob and I just wear a stretchy headband to keep it out of my face. It seems to work fine.

ReplySendWatch