Forum: Irish / Irish

any kind of practice floor recommendations, experiences...
By mandie_sue0
On Wed May 13, 2015 03:43 PM

I want to make/ build a practice floor, and I kind of have no idea where to start. It will be upstairs on a carpeted floor. Any recommendations, and I mean anything from wood type to structure to size to anything at all?

3 Replies to any kind of practice floor recommendations, experiences...

re: any kind of practice floor recommendations, experiences...
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed May 13, 2015 08:24 PM
It really depends on how willing you are to get into this project. It could be as simple as some plywood on top of foam or you could build a frame and get pretty involved. It will all work!
By dannylewinPremium member
On Thu May 14, 2015 12:14 PM
I used to have just a 5ftx4ft piece of plywood I dragged out!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 14, 2015 02:40 PM
We have a wonderful dance floor that we built ourselves. It is "permanent" though, on concrete in the basement. It is "sprung" and has a nice give, and has held up well for years. We have a remnant the same size, that we leave over it and roll it up when we want to dance. That made the space very useable when the kids had friends over, etc.

It really depends on what kind of space, permanence, etc you can do. Before this floor we had a 4x8 piece of plywood and did well with that.

The fancy floor is oriented strand board (OSB) over a lattice of 1x3 with exercise mat foam cut up in strips and glued to the bottom of the lattice. It is 6 4x8 pieces so the whole floor is 12x16 ft.

ReplySendWatch