Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Guys in Ballet
Fitted White T-Shirts for Ballet Class
By theJaredMazurek Comments: 6, member since Tue Jan 21, 2014
On Tue Jun 02, 2015 04:51 PM

Hello all, I am having trouble finding plain white fitted/tight t-shirts for ballet class that are both snug and comfortable. Also, affordability would be a nice perk as well. I cannot seem to find them anywhere. It does not help that I am tall and skinny... Any suggestions? Thank you!

2 Replies to Fitted White T-Shirts for Ballet Class

re: Fitted White T-Shirts for Ballet Class
By luv2plie Comments: 1904, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Sat Jun 06, 2015 09:42 PM
I wear the Starter brand that Walmart sell. It is white and made out of spandex/cotton material. Its only $10.00 . I wear that for my ballet classes
re: Fitted White T-Shirts for Ballet Class
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Sun Jun 07, 2015 05:23 PM
It is easily possible to alter a cotton t-shirt to be slim fitting and this is generally the cheapest alternative available,
Turn the shirt inside out and using a series of safety pins' pin along each side seam (using smaller safety pins pinned in a straight line close together as if they were metal thread gives the best results when you try on the shirt.) This method is one simole way to figure out where to sew in new, closer, side seams. You might have to try a couple of different widths til you get what you're comfortable wearing and removing when damp and sweaty (i.e. don't make the shirt overly narrow or it will be hard to remove without help, depending on your torso shape, arm flexibility and range of motion raised above your head when stripping off the shirt.

Have someone who knows how to sew a stretch stitch sew in new side seams after removing all the safety pins that form the sewing guideline. An experienced sewer will know what to do and how to do it. The new side hem should ease into the seam of the sleeve tube.

You dont say whether you prefer stretch cotton-spandex blend fabric or not, which is generally a bit more expensive to buy.

ReplySendWatch