Forum: Ballet / Ballet - General

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Do you wear your tights OVER or UNDER your leotard
By TomBallet2
On Wed Jun 26, 2019 04:51 PM
why do girls wear tights over now, it seems to be a trend and looks awful, I just don't get I'm always a little envious in class that girls wear their tights under a leotard from a practical point of view because they don't have to worry about their tights staying up. Why would you put the tights over if you don't have to, it means your constantly adjusting them to make sure they stay up, this is the main reason i have switched almost exclusively to unitards!
re: Do you wear your tights OVER or UNDER your leotard
By CinderEmma
On Sat Jun 29, 2019 06:34 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2019-06-29 06:35:43 Shorter post
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2019-06-29 06:42:24 Final spelling and grammar check
As a woman, I can sort of answer that, even though I'm actually completely in agreement with you TomBallet2 about how dreadful it looks, and that it fails to keep tights from sagging. I, for one, would completely abhor wearing tights over my leotard, and was always taught from the very beginning: Women=tights under, Men=tights over.

To answer your question, some claim it helps to see the hip lines, or allows for more rapid costume changes from ballet class to another class where the leotard is needed but no tights.
Sometimes, it's easier to attatch a maxipad to a leotard than it is to the inside of tights. Finally, some women have told me that it helps keep the leotard from sliding up and down when she dances. However, from what I've learned through my extensive dancing years is that a leotard underneath tights can be a one-way ticket to wedgieville! Quite the opposite if you ask me. I rarely, ever wear my tights over a leotard. I just can't handle it at all!

Here's a question: So if females are wearing tights OVER their leotards and that's okay, what happens if we start seeing guys wearing their tights UNDER their leotards? (Assuming a dancebelt is still worn and nothing offputting is visible.)
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch