Forum: Folk / Ukrainian Dancing

Ukrainian Dancing
Oh my gosh there are actually Ukrainian dancers on here!
By Ginny_Everstar Comments: 5, member since Fri Jun 19, 2015
On Sat Jun 20, 2015 03:46 AM

Hello friends,

I had absolutely no idea that there was a board for Ukrainian dance on here and I just found it. Let's just say I cannot contain my excitement!

I used to do Ukrainian dancing, because of my family heritage (from my dad's side), but had to stop a couple of years ago when we moved houses. It was pretty fun, but I never got really good at it because they didn't have a class for older kids. I was about eleven at the time.

So I was just wondering if any of you are still active on here at all. (Yeah, I know, stupid question) and if perhaps some of you live in Australia.

I'd love to hear from you guys!
~Ginny xo

1 Replies to Oh my gosh there are actually Ukrainian dancers on here!

re: Oh my gosh there are actually Ukrainian dancers on here!
By redboots Comments: 1, member since Wed Jul 08, 2015
On Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:26 PM
Hi!!
I just made an account, I hadn't before because it didn't seem like there was anyone here anymore, but maybe it could start up again... I'd love to be able to talk to other Ukrainian dancers!!

My grandma on my mom's side was Ukrainian and loved to dance. When she was little she always wanted to take Ukrainian dancing lessons, but her family was very poor so she couldn't. Instead, she would hoe potatoes and her dad would give her 25 cents to go to the barn dances. When it turned out that I loved to dance, she payed for my lessons. I started dancing in grade one, but had to stop last year when I started university. I am planning in starting again this year because I miss it so much!!

You should try to find a group with an adult class. I don't live in Australia, but my instructor's husband used to, and she taught dance there for a while (I don't know where though) :)

ReplySendWatch