Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Health & Nutrition
Body wrap for "weight loss"?
By Natashamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2613, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Tue Jun 30, 2015 01:32 PM

A few of my Facebook friends have recently started working for an online company called "It Works!" that sells various products.

One that seems to be extremely popular is the Ultimate Body Applicator... a body wrap that promises to help you lose inches in a safe, natural way.

Here is the link to the product:

biancaporporino1.itworksca.com . . .

It comes with this description:

Are you ready to love your body? Get fast, lasting results with the Ultimate Body Applicator! This contouring, cream-infused cloth wrap helps to improve the tone and texture of your skin while reducing the look of cellulite.

Improves skin texture & tightness
Minimizes cellulite appearance
Powered by a botanically based formula
Mess-free and simple to use
Experience fast, lasting results

I am wondering if anyone on here has done something similar to this and if it worked or not. I have seen tons of before and after photos and it really does seem to have amazing results... however I am forever skeptical of products like this. Could it be harmful in anyway?

Thoughts???

6 Replies to Body wrap for "weight loss"?

re: Body wrap for "weight loss"?
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Tue Jun 30, 2015 02:15 PM
My cousins are selling these products. *insert eye roll here* The results are very temporary and not everyone ends up losing inches. There are other do it yourself body wraps that are cheaper...www.realself.com . . .

It's water weight at best, and any kind of treatment that your skin gets will make you look like you have less cellulite for awhile. My experience is that a wrap at a spa is the way to go. It's relaxing, it can be customized to you and your skin type, and the results will be the same. Granted it is more expensive, but I would NOT waste my money on this MLM company.
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Tue Jun 30, 2015 06:53 PM
I have a sister who is really working the business side of this. She's used a wrap on me for practice, and I saw no visible difference in any area: no skin tightening, no fat loss, no toning.

As a massage therapist, I used to apply wraps. I would say they just about break even: $99/treatment (4 wraps) with Itworks, $60-90/treatment at a spa.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:17 AM
I only do them before a big event. It is temporary, but I do see results for about 24 hours.

Whenever I do a "detox" or a " wrap" or some other weird thing... I always lose weight but that's because I work out more and tighten up the diet to make sure my money is "worth it". I know detoxs and wraps don't really work but I get giftcards to spas... So I might as well use it to kick start my motivation.
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Wed Jul 01, 2015 01:27 PM
^It's not that they don't WORK, it's that they don't work the way people are claiming they do. Wraps are great for giving the skin some deeee p moisture and they can temporarily change the appearance of the surface, but that's about it.

So they work- and if you're doing them right before a pageant they'd do the trick- but they're not exactly a stepping stone on the way to a healthy lifestyle.
By Natashamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2613, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the insight... hmm. I wonder how they can advertise that their results last up to a year!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jul 02, 2015 09:57 AM
Natasha wrote:

Thanks for all the insight... hmm. I wonder how they can advertise that their results last up to a year!

Dietary supplements aren't regulated by the FDA, so they can say whatever they like, because there's no one requiring that they prove it!

ReplySendWatch