Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
Joined a New School and seeing the results
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 827, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Tue Jul 14, 2015 04:06 PM

Hi Everyone, I don't post on here all that often and it seems like every time I do its to give an update on my feis results lol.

a couple of months ago I along with the rest of my dance school joined another dance school in our area.
I now dance for the Shaun Burden School of Irish Dance which is a CRDM school in the East Midlands in UK, Shaun Used to dance for the Doherty School in Birmingham dancing on their World Championship winning ceili and figure teams.

I have now competed for my new school 3 times and have seen nice results so far.
I went to the WIDA Corby Open Feis where I placed 3rd in the Senior Open Championship, but I don't have a picture of that.

In the first Picture it is me and my new teacher after the CRDM All Ireland Championships I danced quite well though made a couple of small mistakes and ended up placing 4th overall so we were all pleased with that.

The Second picture is of me and Shaun at the CRDM Hemel Open Championships I didn't do that well in the solo competitions getting a 4th, 9th and 5th.
Because I didn't do so well in these competitions I was determined to place well in the open championship.
I ended up placing 2nd in the senior open championship whish I was thrilled about especially seeing as how I came 9th last year.
I had great feedback from the judges too including one saying that my modern set was the best of the weekend.

I have a month or so off competitions now to can work hard over the summer for my next one

jono

1 Replies to Joined a New School and seeing the results

re: Joined a New School and seeing the results
By newdancingmom Comments: 176, member since Sun Apr 23, 2006
On Tue Jul 21, 2015 08:08 AM
Congratulations! Best of luck with your "new" school.

ReplySendWatch