Forum: Ballet / Costumes

Costumes
My new tutu!
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 06:38 AM

This is my new tutu for the part of belle, it is the second full tutu I have made. I usually wimp out of doing the top and just made the skirt and wear it with a leotard. I haven't seen much for a few years so this was quite an achievement for me, also because I made my own pattern which is something I often struggle with. I hope you like it.

7 Replies to My new tutu!

re: My new tutu!
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 07:36 AM
Well done! I haven't sewn anything without a pattern in years, you did a good job on the bodice it fits really well.

You know what other character this would work for? Alice in Wonderland!
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 07:46 AM
Thanks! I think it was more luck than anything else that made it fit, ha ha I'm not the most technical sewer.

The whole time I was making it I kept thinking it looked too much like Alice, and when I sent my mother a picture she said oh is that for Alice. It would definitely work for her although Disney's Alice has a blue collar and sleeves with a full apron, she does have short sleeves though and belle should have long I just hate wearing long sleeves.

Oh I'm such a Disney nerd
By Serendipity42Premium member Comments: 2267, member since Sun Aug 16, 2009
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 09:04 AM
Very nice work!
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Jul 18, 2015 06:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on a job very well done. Looks very nice.

One of my biggest life regrets is that I never learned to sew or do anything with fiber arts while growing up. I can sew just enough to do simple repairs or do ribbons/elastics on shoes and that is about it. You have a good talent for it and I am envious.
On Sat Jul 18, 2015 07:45 AM
Thank you so much for that lovely comment!
By Dancer95000 Comments: 5, member since Tue Jul 21, 2015
On Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:05 AM
Ballet_Baibe wrote:

This is my new tutu for the part of belle, it is the second full tutu I have made. I usually wimp out of doing the top and just made the skirt and wear it with a leotard. I haven't seen much for a few years so this was quite an achievement for me, also because I made my own pattern which is something I often struggle with. I hope you like it.

Must say Ballet_Baibe that tutu looks wonderful and suites you lovely! Despite being a male I was given one to wear like that when doing a drama production three years ago! I wasn't the keenest but the ladies certainly had a giggle at me! :O
By lamonasta Comments: 50, member since Sun Dec 29, 2013
On Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:14 PM
It's so beautiful! Well done, it looks really lovely :)

ReplySendWatch