Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Irish - Champs
What do you think it takes to recall at Oireachtas?
By cdance123 Comments: 9, member since Sun Apr 26, 2015
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 07:55 AM

Hello! I'm a dancer who REALLY wants to recall at Oireachtas this year. I was wondering if anybody has any advice or tips on how to achieve this goal. Thank you!

2 Replies to What do you think it takes to recall at Oireachtas?

re: What do you think it takes to recall at Oireachtas?
By USAdancerCali Comments: 24, member since Mon Jan 02, 2012
On Tue Aug 04, 2015 09:41 PM
honestly, it's a combination of things:
1) stage presentation: if you walk out looking scared or nervous (which we all are a bit!), you aren't seen as a strong confident dancer who wants a recall and could qualify for worlds. You want to look good and feel confident, so have a well fitting dress, shoes laced nicely, wig and makeup on point. I know it's about the dancing but walking out feeling and looking like a winner gives a good first presentation to the judge.
2) strong basics: you want to be on time, crossed legs, pointed toes, back straight etc. Just make sure these are strong so that any choreography looks purposeful and clean. Judges want to know you have mastered the fundamentals.
3) my teacher tells me to travel the stage and hit each judge. Don't hang out in the back and let others intimidate you. Go out there, have fun, and leave it all on the table!!!!
re: What do you think it takes to recall at Oireachtas?
By bestdancaaaevaaa Comments: 9, member since Sun Apr 22, 2012
On Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:43 AM
It honestly depends on what age group

for younger ages 9-12 it takes a dancer with good basics and great stage presences and dancing on time to the music

for middle age 13-16 it takes two solid, consistent rounds with a put together, mature look and the biggest part would be strong determined dancing

For any age above it is simply nice, neat, great dancing

ReplySendWatch