Forum: Highland / Highland - Jig

Highland - Jig
Jig shoes
By highland_dancer5 Comments: 217, member since Mon Mar 10, 2014
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 07:13 PM

When I wear my jig shoes they often feel like they're slipping off my feet. Any suggestions on how to keep them from slipping? They're not too big when I'm wearing socks in them, just slippery.

3 Replies to Jig shoes

re: Jig shoes
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Fri Jul 17, 2015 04:49 AM
Maybe ask your teacher to take a look at how you are tying them. There may be a way to tie them differently to pull up on the heel . When I've had that problem with regular shoes I've bought sticky strips that fit in the heel area to make them not slip. Check with any place that sells shoes.
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Tue Jul 21, 2015 08:56 PM
As Lori suggests, moleskin or similar in the heel could help. Or even a piece of that stuff you use under rugs to make it grippier. You could also try roughing up the leather inside with a stiff brush or sandpaper-- but I'd only use this as a last resort and do it carefully.
By dancerdunedin Comments: 30, member since Mon Jul 28, 2014
On Wed Jul 22, 2015 01:29 PM
Just as Lori says ask your teacher for advice, she/he will probably have a few suggestions on tying them or pulling them up. You could also buy sticky strips from your local shoe store to put in either the toe of your shoe or the heel. If you can not find any sticky strips double sided tape could work as well.
Hope this helps, :)

ReplySendWatch