Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage
Can't nobody touch my ratatouille game
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sat Jul 18, 2015 06:43 PM

This is currently my favorite vegetable dish. It looks super dramatic, but it also tastes AMAZING. And you can totally play around with the recipe depending on what ingredients you have on hand. The basic formula is spicy tomato/roasted pepper sauce on the bottom (the sauce should be VERY flavorful). Sliced vegetables layered on top. And then add a light vinaigrette after it's cooked. My favorite way to serve is cold with chevre or feta or any crumbly white cheese. But it's good hot too.

Here are two recipes to get you started. Like I said, don't be afraid to play around with the ingredients. You want to use mushrooms instead of eggplant. No problem. Basil instead of thyme? Go for it. I just made a version with mexican spices, and it was great. The oven temperature doesn't matter either so you can just throw it in with whatever else you're cooking. I love this dish, and I'm sure you will too.

smittenkitchen.com . . .

www.justasdelish.com . . .

1 Replies to Can't nobody touch my ratatouille game

re: Can't nobody touch my ratatouille game
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Jul 19, 2015 08:43 AM
That looks wonderful.

In a couple of weeks I should have some courgettes from my garden and I should be able to make this too. Ratatouille is one of the best things about the summer glut from the garden.

ReplySendWatch