Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Pointe - Beginners
Accidentally inhaled fumes from jet glue
By Kittydoodles Comments: 76, member since Sun Sep 14, 2014
On Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:16 AM

I had the misfortune today of accidentally holding my freshly-glued pointe shoes under my nose. The fumes were pretty bad and I had a headache. This had never happened before because usually I'm pretty safe about dealing with chemicals and stuff, especially jet glue. Will I be safe? Has anyone had similar experiences? Maybe I'm just paranoid but some assurance would be nice.

4 Replies to Accidentally inhaled fumes from jet glue

re: Accidentally inhaled fumes from jet glue
On Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 AM
Oops. I accidentally posted to Beginners. It was meant for Pointe General. Sorry!
By Ballerina_Bunny Comments: 30, member since Wed Sep 10, 2014
On Wed Jul 29, 2015 01:54 PM
I'm not sure how deep of a sniff you took of the fumes, but in one time I did accidently smell jet glue and I haven't suffered from any long-term side effects. I can still smell, lol.

If you still have a strong headache or can't smell, though, you might want to ask a health care professional...
By highlandnorth Comments: 486, member since Sat Mar 21, 2009
On Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:39 PM
If you ever have concern about exposure to a chemical you should be able to pull up a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Just google the name of the substance/ chemical/ name it is sold under and MSDS. It also explains what to do if you get it on your skin, in your mouth, etc.
www.jet-chem.com . . .
It doesn't look like inhaling a little should be any cause for concern. :)
On Thu Jul 30, 2015 01:40 PM
Thank you guys :) I am feeling better today so I suppose I'm safe. Thanks for the link also; I will save it for future reference.

ReplySendWatch