Forum: Adults / Parents Only

Parents Only
Please help me!! I' don't know what else to do
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:33 AM

Okay so here's the problem my niece and I are tahitian dancers and we just finished a big competition that my nieces "mother" my sister " didn't attend ! My mom and I support my niece in this because it's what she loves to do and when she out there on the floor she is the happiest but my "sister" wouldn't know that because she doesn't come to any of her competitions or practices ! Which hurts my nieces feeling but she's fine as long as she gets to dance! But recently my sister told her that she will never dance again because she doesn't her to!! Which I think is completely wrong and selfish of her to do! My niece sat there and cried to me saying she doesn't know what to do she just wants to dance she doesn't want to do anything else but dance ! And she told her "mother" that but she will not listen to her she's so mean to her I think! How do I tell my sister in a nice way that she should let her do what she is happiest doing! Also just to let you guys know after our competition my niece was trying to tell her mom about it and show her pictures her "mother" wouldn't even give her the decency to listen to her and look at the pictures!! Please help me!

2 Replies to Please help me!! I' don't know what else to do

re: Please help me!! I' don't know what else to do
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 AM
Try to find out what her mother's objections are. She might not be able to say it but maybe she is jealous of the time your niece is spending with you. Ask questions, try to avoid finger pointing or assuming and see if you can get to some sort of agreement. In the end, that's her mother and there's nothing you can do if she digs in her heels about not letting her dance so try to avoid making the situation worse. If you have an uninvolved sibling or mutual friend they might be able to help.
re: Please help me!! I' don't know what else to do
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 PM
Thank you so much @loricook I talked to her and she said she would like to start taking her to practices

ReplySendWatch