For Hire: For Hire / Teachers For Hire

Master Classes, choreography & permanent positions
By JohnComix
On Fri Jul 31, 2015 04:27 PM
Hip Hop & Street Dance Educator
Freehold, NJ, US

Deadline: Tue Dec 15, 2015
Available Date: immediately

My name is John Barrella and I am a 15 year trained Hip Hop/ Street Dance educator from central NJ. I have been teaching for over a decade and I am extensively trained in hip hop styles such as:

Bboy(Breakdancing)
Locking
Popping
Hip Hop
House
Creative Movement

I have had the incredible opportunity to travel to many dance communities nationwide and influence dancers of all kinds. I am still an active performer and director of a hip hop dance company. On the business side, I am owner of Soul Sessions dance convention and a frequent event coordinator. All of my work involves dance and the arts. My unique approach to class is based on my lengthy training in modern and ballet. As I attended a high school for performing arts, not only had I danced every day, but I was given in depth training in choreography concepts, elements of improv, dance appreciation, music appreciation and human anatomy. In college I continued to pursue modern dance as I studied childhood education. The concepts I developed through my academic years have been heavily applied to my knowledge of hip hop styles to create a rich classroom environment where I treat hip hop as a dance culture and a true art form. My lessons offer positive messages and the tools needed to pursue dance in many professional atmospheres. This means in my class TECHNIQUE COMES FIRST. My dancers learn how to apply pure hip hop styles to effectively understand, perform, create and stage hip hop in both its classic(Breakdance, Popping, Etc..) and modern( Street Jazz, Hip Hop, etc..) forms. In short, my classes are designed to teach dancers about the inner workings of hip hop in order to become a unique and driving force in dance, with a constant reassurance that class is about challenge and perserverance. For my resume, Class curriculums and descriptions feel free to reach out!

ReplySendWatch