Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Pointe - Beginners
Shank detached help ASAP
By Aoife1324 Comments: 9, member since Mon Sep 29, 2014
On Mon Aug 17, 2015 02:30 AM

I brought a new pair of freeds back home so that I could show my teacher them before purchasing it. When I was trying to soften them a little the shank detached about and inch and a half and the nail popped out.I see my teacher tomorrow and I don't know if she will like them and I probably can not return them since they are damaged if she does not like them. Pointe shoes are very expensive where I am from. If anyone could give me advice I would appreciate it a lot.

4 Replies to Shank detached help ASAP

re: Shank detached help ASAP
By Kittydoodles Comments: 76, member since Sun Sep 14, 2014
On Mon Aug 17, 2015 08:24 AM
I would try jet glue or super glue. This happens a lot to me am that's how I fix it. Just don't glue your fingers together (I have before, lol).
By melissaga Comments: 323, member since Sun Feb 14, 2010
On Mon Aug 17, 2015 04:59 PM
Don't do anything to them until you show them to your teacher!!

If it is a manufacturing defect, they can still take them back. My daughter had a pair of Grishkos where the entire shank separated from the shoe after a single class. They considered it a manufacturing defect and replaced them. She had a pair of Freeds that also had an issue after a single wearing. They also exchanged them.

That said, I know my daughter pops the nail out of her Freeds before she wears them. She prefers them that way.
By BunHeadAlymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 233, member since Mon Apr 30, 2012
On Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:31 PM
Tip for your next pair; don't mess with them before your teacher approves them!

After your teacher sees them, take them back and see if they can replace them since they just popped out.
By Tishwah Comments: 586, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Fri Aug 28, 2015 01:58 AM
Why would you try to soften them if there is any chance you might have to take them back? What about that poor dancer, who gets stuck with shoes that have been messed with if you did manage to return them. Sorry, I think you should be paying for them, you messed with them, no one else should be stuck with them now!

ReplySendWatch