Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Adult Dancers

Been a while - lots of changes
By brubie
On Thu Aug 20, 2015 03:25 PM

Hello ballet folks, NYSylph, Serendipity, etal....been a while since I've read/posted. Much has happened. I am no longer at the studio I had been attending for over 20 years. The two ballet teachers, husband and wife, were unceremoniously let go as of February 28. March 1 they stated teaching at a new studio, still in the same city. I made a decision to follow them to the new place. Far less drama and still the same, wonderful, solid Vaganova teaching. I am a little more involved with the school, helping a bit with the desk, school Facebook page, and general publicity about where A & N are now teaching. You would think that after 20 years at a studio, I would miss it, I don't.

I've also started taking a variations class at another studio, with a Russian teacher. In a word, it is fabulous. Of course there is far more to the story of the new school than I can write publicly, but it was a wise decision to leave when I did.

5 Replies to Been a while - lots of changes

re: Been a while - lots of changes
By hummingbird
On Thu Aug 20, 2015 04:52 PM
It's good to hear from you and nice to hear that you're still dancing especially that it's in such a positive sounding environment.
By nycsylphmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 22, 2015 06:00 AM
So glad you made this decision.

Ballet is tough enough without the environment sucking all the joy out of you.

I'm very glad it's working out for you and extremely jealous :) about the variations class. Oh, I used to love those.

Congrats.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 22, 2015 07:20 PM
You sound much happier, and I am happy for you. :)
By rmdanceguy1
On Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:13 PM
Hey, ladies. How are you? Been busy and have not posted in a while. Have had a lot of changes and family medical situations. The changes have been with my studio. I finally was able to get back to class with the fall semester. There were more people showing up for adult ballet now. I hope it is sustainable. I'd like to get back to about two classes a week with my work schedule and family situation.The local ballet school would love to have me back,but I have been gone so long it would need for me having to take the basics again to get back to where I would need re-take some basics to get back to where I was. Performing has always been a goal but it will be put off again. I do love class. I love the workout and I love the challenge physically.

ReplySendWatch