Forum: Adults / Adult Dancers

Adult Dancers
midlife crisis
By skydiver23 Comments: 2, member since Fri Aug 21, 2015
On Fri Aug 21, 2015 01:14 AM

Is 31 too old to become a dancer? I have a few years background in ballet and hip hop. I have a job where i travel constantly ( mostly to remote places) so no time for dance anymore. What do you think?

4 Replies to midlife crisis

re: midlife crisis
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Fri Aug 21, 2015 06:42 AM
It's never too late to start dancing. If you don't have much time you shouldn't expect great results but simply keeping your body fit and flexible is great. There is a lot of research recently on dancing and the benefits to your brain. Choose a dance form that's easy to do anywhere and easy to find a teacher or at least DVD instruction if you are on the road.
By Patrick_dbw Comments: 7, member since Tue Sep 29, 2015
On Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:34 AM
Definitely not too late!!! I highly encourage you to get out there
By Stase Comments: 29, member since Thu Aug 13, 2015
On Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:59 AM
I am 43, I started to dance several years ago. I am happy like a clam :D I was and still am taking A LOT of private classes(that helps), and doing a lot of group classes.

Now every single pair of shoes from www.dance-america.com . . . was on a competition floor :D better believe it :D I am having a lot of fun at 43 :) and I did not have ballet back ground like you do and I am much older.You certainly can do it !

It is never too late. You just have to have strong passion for it.
By tutufun Comments: 10793, member since Wed Sep 10, 2003
On Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:32 AM
To become a dancer is vague.

If you mean is it too old to begin recreational dance lessons, why of course not!

The challenge will be finding a studio with adult classes.

Good luck!

ReplySendWatch