Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Health & Nutrition
What should I do
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Wed Aug 26, 2015 01:11 AM

So lately my parents have been making/poking fun of my weight. I admit I've gained a couple pounds and I'm not happy about it but I'm trying to loose it it is just hard! But it bothers me when they keep on bringing it up like "oh wow your gonna eat that" or "don't you think you shouldn't wear that it looks a little tight" I don't know what to do.

2 Replies to What should I do

re: What should I do
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Wed Aug 26, 2015 07:02 AM
To begin with, this is YOUR body.

This sounds like some back-door form of controlling manipulation. I would thank them for being concerned, but remember, we ARE human.

One suggestion about losing the weight, get your thyroid and adrenal glands checked. You might have hypothyroidism and/or Hashimoto's Autoimmune hypothyroiditis.

1. hypothyroidism symptoms: www.google.com . . .

2. Hashi's symptoms:
www.google.com . . .

Personally, when the daylight goes away in the Fall I find myself wanting more and more carbs, more sweet things, and the pounds pack on quickly.

In my feeling, I've had to cope with my parents, along with any number of anonymous people coming up to me and letting me know I'm overweight.

I've had to just accept people are going to do this as it's part of human nature. The most important part of the previous is NOT letting it stress you out. An important fact: You are STILL YOU on the inside. You are NOT ONE IOTA less of a person or an individual.

If they keep it up, LET THEM KNOW just how uncomfortable it makes you, let them know how you feel, let them know that you appreciate their being around, in case you have questions.

With hugs and empathy,

Shadow.
re: What should I do
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:12 AM
Thank You so much Shadow!! Your advice and links have really helped me I'm going to be talking to my doctor this week when she calls me about the blood tests she has ordered this past weekend ! I want to thank you so much you have no clue how much you helped me and my confidence!

ReplySendWatch