Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Help me prepare for Dapper Day!! (Rockabilly/vintage style)
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Sun Sep 06, 2015 08:17 AM

Dapper Day is coming up on Oct. 3. Yes, I know that it is a month away. But seeing as I have to order a few things I'd rather not wait until the last minute and risk them not getting here in time.

I am going more for a vintage Rockabilly look. This is almost exactly like the dress I made: www.google.com . . .

As of right now it has a black sash, not a red one. But I do have a red petticoat to go with it.
I'm trying to decide on a few things and that is where I need your help! A few tings to keep in mind

*This is Florida so it is very humid.
*I have long, VERY curly hair. So while I love rockabilly hairstyles, they are not friends with naturally curly hair, & due to the Florida humidity it isn't worth it to try and straighten and then re-curl.
*As usual I'm not looking to spend a LOT of money and I Need to be able to wear the articles again. (Luckily I do love this style so that is easy)Also, this is right before my birthday and so some of the items I can ask for as presents (so long as I can justify using them again)

So here are a few things I need help with:
*Shoes - www.amazon.com . . . <<< I love these and they come in both black and red. I'm trying to decide what color shoes I should get. Since the dress is black and white poka dots and the accent is a red petticoat, I'm a bit on the fence.
*Sash - The sash I currently have is black, but I could change it to red. Thoughts?
*Bag/purse - I do need one because I will have no where to put my phone/camera.
*Other accessories - Parasol/umbrella. It gets so flippen hot under the sun and I work really hard to stay pale. So I'm looking for a parasol that isn't going to wreck my look. Any other types of accessories you think would complete it (without being too much)
*Hairstyle - I know I already said I can't do a lot of the typical rockabilly styles, but I am looking for advice on some I could pull off. I will be testing them out before the actual day.

Thanks everyone! :D

3 Replies to Help me prepare for Dapper Day!! (Rockabilly/vintage style)

re: Help me prepare for Dapper Day!! (Rockabilly/vintage style)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Sep 06, 2015 08:30 AM
I love those shoes. Black would be easier to use for other outfits. However if you keep the black sash the red shoes might be better, more of an accent.
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:39 PM
thanks Majere, I went with the red shoes :)

Now I'm trying to decide on what color cat eye sunglasses to get. Red or black? They're only like 7 or 8 bucks and I need a new pair anyway. there were also some white ones that were pretty. Thoughts?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Sep 16, 2015 09:13 PM
Spiorad wrote:

thanks Majere, I went with the red shoes :)

Now I'm trying to decide on what color cat eye sunglasses to get. Red or black? They're only like 7 or 8 bucks and I need a new pair anyway. there were also some white ones that were pretty. Thoughts?

Red! More fun.

ReplySendWatch