Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
If my job says no jeans, are corduroy pants okay?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Sep 12, 2015 08:16 PM

So, our dress code says no jeans/denim of any color. I've been seeing some corduroy pants that I think would be cute, but I'm not sure if they would be allowed. We are "business casual."

Like these: www.loft.com . . .

To give context I either wear these:www.jcpenney.com . . .|&dimComboVal=sophie|&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=sophie&N=1003950030&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0304201520362618C.tif

Or these:www.jcpenney.com . . .

(Or a dress or skirt).

4 Replies to If my job says no jeans, are corduroy pants okay?

re: If my job says no jeans, are corduroy pants okay?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:44 PM
My instinct is to say no, because unless you hadn't specifically told me they were corduroy, I would have thought they were jeans. Just seems like it's setting yourself up for trouble with the bosses.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Sep 13, 2015 06:55 AM
They do look like jeans. Our dress code is really just a short list of things we cannot wear (no jeans, tshirts, tanks, sundresses etc). Well, we can wear jeans on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, I do buy them I think I'd save them for the casual days. Thanks! I'm just looking for new stuff to wear since my wardrobe got cut in half.
By hummingbird Comments: 10413, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 AM
Basically those are corduroy jeans, they don't have to be made out of denim to be jeans. They would certainly work for your casual days though.
On Sun Sep 13, 2015 09:06 PM
hummingbird wrote:

Basically those are corduroy jeans, they don't have to be made out of denim to be jeans. They would certainly work for your casual days though.

Thanks. To me, jeans are denim, so I was on the fence about if cords were jeans or in a class on their own.

Side note, I think I need these chinos (I think they would look nicer than my Arizona school pants): www.loft.com . . .

ReplySendWatch