Forum: General / Welcome

Welcome
new member trouble
By Louisep Comments: 2, member since Sat Sep 19, 2015
On Sat Sep 19, 2015 06:27 AM

hi this site is very confusing lol is there anyone that could maybe help me out and give me some information on how it works.

many thanks
Louise

2 Replies to new member trouble

re: new member trouble
By samsam24 Comments: 20, member since Wed Nov 11, 2015
On Wed Nov 11, 2015 05:08 PM
Hi im new aswell not sure how karma is ment to work? Sam x
re: new member trouble
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Nov 11, 2015 08:05 PM
Welcome! It can be a bit confusing to navigate the forum.

At the top, under the header, are the main tabs: "dancers," "teachers," "studio owners," etc. Under the "dancers" tab you'll see the main forums with their drop down lists.

"Main" takes you to the front page. Won't lie, I almost never click there.

"Hot!" is a list of the most recent threads. This is the page I have bookmarked.

"General" is non-dance related stuff and all the FAQ and administrative boards.

"Adults" is non-dance stuff. A lot of relationship advice happens here. And financial troubles. And house problems. And general grown-up stuff.

"Advice" is non-dance related advice. Home to the loved/loathed secrets board where you can anonymously ask a question. And yes it really is anonymous.

"Arts" is other types of art. This is also where stuff like the body art forum are.

Then all the dance genres with their subforums. Wanna talk tap? There's a board for that. Question about pointe? A forum for that too.

Karma is DDN's version of "likes" or "favorites" or "upvotes" except you have to give a reason for why you like it.

ReplySendWatch