Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Members

Ballet Photos - Members
Arabesque video! Corrections welcome!
By StarBucks_Lovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 504, member since Fri Jan 25, 2008
On Fri Oct 02, 2015 03:03 PM

So after years of not dancing (due to a car accident) I'm finally getting myself back into shape. This week I took my first ballet class in two years (woohoo!). I'd love for any feedback on my arabesque but trust me I know what's wrong with it. youtu.be . . .

3 Replies to Arabesque video! Corrections welcome!

re: Arabesque video! Corrections welcome!
By Ballerina_Bunny Comments: 30, member since Wed Sep 10, 2014
On Fri Oct 02, 2015 08:37 PM
The first thing I noticed when watching the video was how beautiful your foot and your leg looked when preparing to pique :) Such nice line.

Other than that, though your arabesque was really high it also looked more like a twisted second position (not sure if you were going for a classical line, though). If you were going for a classical position, sacrificing height for an actual quality pose is worth it. The open position you did made your body look like it was straining not to collapse and it very much looked like a 'thrown' position if that makes sense (though you did hold it!). Honestly though, if looking at it in a classical context it could hardly be considered a real arabesque with hips even and shoulders squared.

So glad to hear you're getting better, though! Keep working!
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat Oct 03, 2015 07:47 AM
I agree about it being a bit too open through the hips, as you pique make sure you're moving to the supporting leg and not bringing the supporting leg under you. However it's great to see you dancing again and at such a good level after your accident.
By umbrellamanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 210, member since Thu Sep 16, 2004
On Tue Oct 27, 2015 09:38 AM
Good to see you dance again, I have no comments, the previous comments are much more experienced than me. God bless :)

ReplySendWatch